Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Movers came on Saturday. They loaded everything I own including bike and cage into the 18 Wheeler. I learned a new technique for strapping down a bike for transport, amazing chit. I got into Seattle today, and it's not even raining! Can't wait to ride up here, but won't happen anytime soon because the movers won't be here for at least a week + it's raining the next 7 days :( So phuck you Bacchus :D I can't wait to go downtown and see the sound, it will take a while for it to set in that the water is 20-25 minutes away :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
I learned a new technique for strapping down a bike for transport, amazing chit.

Is it a secret?;) Congrats on the move and hope you enjoy it up there.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Congrats.... :cheers:

Now that you live in a VFR climate, are you shopping for a stablemate?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Congrats to Seattle, for it has now found its missing idiot.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
the Cascades offer some very good riding...

·
Registered
69 Posts
You're on the wrong side of the Cascades, 'bro!! :twofing: Soon it will be apparent why you really wanted to be on the dry side of the Cascades... eastern Washington!

Gortex is about to be your best friend.... I lived north of Seattle (Whidbey Island) for 11 years, so trust me, I know. That's why I moved over to the Tri-Cities.... year-round riding in the Columbian Basin, and in the DRY! :shades:

All razzing aside, this is indeed a beautiful area to live, and the Cascades can be awesome to ride in when the weather is decent.

Welcome to the PacNorWest!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
bwhip said:
Welcome to the northwet (and no, that's not a typo).

:cheers:
Exactly. Well, we have some sprinkles over here on our side today..:/

Speaking of NorthWet. Hey BWhip.. I'll be in Boise for a couple of days. I don't know what the client has in mind but I'm sure I'll be free at least one night if you are in the area and want to have a beer or two.

I'll be with a bunch of computer geeks all week and man and without my laptop so I'll need a dose of sanity at some point.

Oh yeah.. and Welcome to the best kept secred in riding east of Bozeman and north of Portland!!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Here.. take a look at a couple of my maps for ideas. Say.. will you bet at the show on Saturday. If my travel goes as planned I'll be back in WA by Saturday morning and I'll be at MC show's Honda booth at noon (along with a bunch of vifferheads).

I will also be hoving around the Aprillia display. I'll easy to find. I'm the guy they will have in handcuffs after fornicating with the new RSV Facotry... :cycle:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey BWhip.. I got a note there was a PM sent to me but for some reason the site won't render it (it say's my inbox is empty).. arg.

I scooting in aroud 5:00pm Boise time. Go ahead and try my direct e-mail from the site if that works.... or this one should be OK too:

[email protected]

- Dave

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
booth23 said:
but won't happen anytime soon because the movers won't be here for at least a week + it's raining the next 7 days :( So phuck you Bacchus :D
:rotfl: Thanks for thinking of me boothie :rotfl:

I made my first trip to the Pacific NW last year, seeing as my SO's daughter lives in Seattle. If you are into outdoor chit, you must take the vehicle ferry over to the Olympic Peninsula and check out the different forest trails they offer - amazing stuff, like nothing else in the U.S.

Glad you're moved, hope you like the new location :freebird:

·
Registered
720 Posts
I moved down from Seattle. Great town and they have some kick ass rides up there. Try to hit I thinks it's Hwy 20, it rocks!

I usually make it up to Seattle twice a year, so I'll have to look you up and go on a ride. I rode a few times with some guys from Northwest Sportsbike Rider Club, when I was up there. They were really nice guys. You might want to look them up.

Rick

·
Registered
45 Posts
aahh, I'm so jealous.:crying: Soon, soon. Congradulations. Are you living right in the city? I recomend Palacades resteraunt. My favorite . I love the goldfish swimming around, and the waitresses are pretty hot too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Seattle is my home town. There is really a lot of great stuff to see up there. I will always remember the fishing. My grandfather was a nut about it. Nothing like fresh salmon on the BB-Q. But with only about two months a year of dry weather you'll have to plan your riding trips wisely.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
booth, I just remembered what I didn't like about Seattle - wait 'til you need to find parking spots, almost anywhere! :pissed:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Baketech said:
Congrats.... :cheers:

Now that you live in a VFR climate, are you shopping for a stablemate?
:cycle: Sure am. CBR1k is leading the list currently.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts