Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally did it! I just ordered my PCIII from Dan Kyle I can't wait to sort out the throttle response.

It was kind of disappointing to learn that Dynojet isn't offering the latest PCIII/USB model for the 929 though

Now the wait ...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Cool! Please let me/us know when it arrives.. I'm kind of curious on how long the shipping to Europe takes. Dan Kyle seems like a nice guy to shop with..

Hope the wait won't be to long!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Received it yesterday and installed it, but didn't get to do a test ride until today ... definitely much better!

I might try a couple different maps just to compare them. I wish I knew of a place here in Germany that could make me a custom map, but I suppose it really wouldn't be worth it for just a bolt-on???

Also, it seems like I need to adjust the throttle cable. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? There still seem to be a lag of idle in 1st.

TIA

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
there is an adjuster near the throttle, just loosen the lock nut, then unwind the main nut until most of the slack is gone, but not quite all of it. do the lock nut up, start the motor, make sure the idle is still correct, then turn the bars from side to side and make sure the revs do not rise up when
the bars are turned. if it does rise, back it off a little.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'm glad you posted! I was really curious about how long it would take to ship stuff from DK to Europe. I'm glad the mod was an improvement!

My only plans for this summervacation is to test my bikes top speed on one of your Autobahns, so I might be riding past your town

Do you think the German police will be mad if I turn up with my Akra bolt on?

Peace!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It only took about a week for it to arrive after it shipped     Yesterday at the Nordschleife, I meet up with a nice group of blokes from Ireland who have ordered stuff from Dan Kyle and were also very happy with his parts/service.

The Polizei haven't said anything about my Akra ... yet ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts