Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this 15t Sprocket for 7 mo.s and not put it on cuz I thought is was going to be pressed in place.
I was wrong, 15 min tops to install!

Now I need the torque spec for the 14mm bolt that holds it on.
I did a search and came up with notta...

And wow, Nice little extra get up and go!

My speedo is off 6-7% based on measurements of 10ml stretches of hway markers for 50 mls straight.

I believe that 6-7% should stay consistant w/any speed, Since I measured it in fluctuating(sp) holiday traffic and still had the same results 5x over.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Just off the top of my head I think it's 40. Don't forget some Loctite. Do you have Ahlman's Recalibrator?

I gave up on the 15t front, I'll go up in teeth on the rear sprocket when I do my next gear change. (had to be careful wording that statement)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SuperDave : Just off the top of my head I think it's 40.  Don't forget some Loctite.  Do you have Ahlman's Recalibrator?

I gave up on the 15t front, I'll go up in teeth on the rear sprocket when I do my next gear change. (had to be careful wording that statement)  
I didnt have any LT available yesterday, so I have to apply some today.
40ft lbs sounds about right for the tightness that it broke from.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is the name of the bolt that holds it called a:
'drive sprocket special bolt'? If it is,the proper torque setting is 40lbf*ft

I also dropped a tooth a few months ago because the majority of my riding is in the city. Man, what a difference

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inferno : Is the name of the bolt that holds it called a:
'drive sprocket special bolt'? If it is,the proper torque setting is 40lbf*ft

I also dropped a tooth a few months ago because the majority of my riding is in the city. Man, what a difference
Thats most likely its name, THX

Ditto on the city riding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts