Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,
i don't know if anybody remembers me,but i had the never ending oil leak.
welded the engine case,put on paper gasket,still leaked out the bottom of the stator.

So,finally i stopped the leak with hondabond + gasket + hondabond over the gasket

hooked everything back up,started the bike and it runs extremely rough and "popping" and is running extremely rich.

we only ran it for a few minutes but thats normal as the bike has sat for awhile right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, I am new to this site, but that seems to be a problem I have seen before. If you have never changed your fuel pressure regulator, that could be by passing fuel into 2 and 3 cyclinder. The rubber diaphram breaks over time. as for the popping, the leaner cylinders tend to do that.

If you are seeing black smoke coming out the exhaust that is it for sure.

beck.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So,
i don't know if anybody remembers me,but i had the never ending oil leak.
welded the engine case,put on paper gasket,still leaked out the bottom of the stator.

So,finally i stopped the leak with hondabond + gasket + hondabond over the gasket

hooked everything back up,started the bike and it runs extremely rough and "popping" and is running extremely rich.

we only ran it for a few minutes but thats normal as the bike has sat for awhile right?
I'd agree with the fuel pressure regulator as the most likely culprit.
Pull the vacuum line and make sure there's no fuel in it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it already has a new FPR,no smoke or anything,the motor was out of the bike for months on its side,has brand new plugs

and now when its running it heats right up and my fan doesnt click on

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
What?

No way. My bike runs at 185 F on the freeway in the winter, and gets to 227 F in the summer while standing

Fan comes on between 212-215 F

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow i guess i was 100 degrees off,i havent ridden in so long i could of sworn it was way less,lol thanks

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
do you have a diagram of it? i'm not the one that hooked it back up,yeah it has oil
The PAIR valves are on top of the valve cover. If the hoses are off it can cause that sort of rattly noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah theyre hooked up,anything else it could be? the motor ran fine before i took it out,so i doubt anything went "bad"

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
yeah theyre hooked up,anything else it could be? the motor ran fine before i took it out,so i doubt anything went "bad"
Were efforts made to protect the engine from the heat while welding?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, imo it wasn't near anything vital,just the bottom right of the lip of the engine case (where the stator bolts)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts