Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

Im a first time user to this site, just wondering if any one could help me.
I've been riding sports bikes for about 5-6 years now and i went for a spin on my dads new 2005 repsol blade and had some massive problems with the handling.
Every time i turned into a corner at high or low speed the front wheel wanted to turn all the way in and it was a struggle to keep it from going on full lock.
Im pretty sure this problem isnt the tyres as it is such a struggle to turn the bike, but again not to sure.
If any one out there has some advice or experienced the same problem it would be great to hear from you! :thumb:

Many thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
834 Posts
You should only be turning the handlebars in very low speed turns. On higher speed turns you apply pressure to the handle bar in the direction you want to go. For example you press on the left handlebar to take a left corner. If you are trying to turn the handlebars when going into a corner over 20mph then you may be causing the problem. You do not steer bikes like you would a car. The handlebars should barely move when cornering over 20mph. The handling of this bike may just be quicker than anything you have ridden before making you think something is wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I lean it into a corner at high speed the bike itself tries to turn the bars and it's a bit of a handful actually keeping it from going on full lock. I guess you really need to ride it to really feel the full extent of the problem as it is so strange. I've ridden quite a few bikes before and this is the first one that I've ever had this problem with. Cheers

·
Registered
834 Posts
Maybe check the steering head bearings. Does the handlebar turn smooth side to side while sitting still?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the front looks the right height and the steering feels fine whilst stationary. it dose have a damper on it could that be the problem?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi people

Im a first time user to this site, just wondering if any one could help me.
I've been riding sports bikes for about 5-6 years now and i went for a spin on my dads new 2005 repsol blade and had some massive problems with the handling.
Every time i turned into a corner at high or low speed the front wheel wanted to turn all the way in and it was a struggle to keep it from going on full lock.
Im pretty sure this problem isnt the tyres as it is such a struggle to turn the bike, but again not to sure.
If any one out there has some advice or experienced the same problem it would be great to hear from you! :thumb:

Many thanks,

Tim

What other bikes are you used to?

·
Registered
388 Posts
never herd of that yet. i go down our mountain up on seat about 6 miles down the mountain hands srtait out never touching handelbars smoth as can be need to check that out be for something bad happens

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
The damper would prevent that from happening ;)

If the damper is properly set up it shouldn't be noticeable at all when steering. It is only supposed to damp large high speed oscillations, not the small and slower inputs of steering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts