Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
heh - pretty good.. Reminds of that line: Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.. Liberty is two wolves and an armed sheep discussing what's for dinner.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe what he will try to do is go after everything necessary to shoot guns - powder, bullets, etc...

I believe they will try to ban everything that was ever used in the army. For example calibers like 30-06, 308, etc. If this happens then it will also piss off hunters etc who use these calibers and need to turn in their arms.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There seems to be a lot of fear about erosion of the 2nd Amendment.. Frankly, I'm more concerned about finding a job than I am about some taking my guns away. We'll be dealing with wage controls long before gun control bubbles to the top of the list (the US is being setup for some run-away inflation).

Think about it: First off, the president can't ban guns - that's in Congress's realm. There are a LOT of pro-gun representatives, all parties.

Next, the states themselves will get in the way. I can't see a place like say, Vermont or Tennessee or Oregon or Kentucky, eroding gun rights in those states. Even here in California it'd be tough - too many peeps like me.

And while California continues to be the poster child for gun control, I guarantee you, I don't need an assault rifle to defend myself (nor for that matter, any other of my family members - we're all avid shooters).

There are some dipsh*t things going on with respect to ammunition - just be sure to participate and let your representatives (both federal, state, and local) know how you stand on the issue..

Heh - I know for me, if I don't stand up to be counted, then I damn sure don't have the right to gripe.. Took me a few years to figure that no-brainer out.. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
It just seems to me that if Obama does anything to slow down business (gun and accessories sales), it could well result in further American job loses. It's would actually be handing over voters to the Republicans for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts