Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He there Bladers,

Just waiting for my 08 Fireblade and already thinkin of an Aftermarket Exhaust.
Have to admit that I only have the OEM Exhaust on my 07, therefore I'd like to raise the question (I guess I will get a lot of different opinions, but I believe they'd all gonna be valid) which Aftermarket Exhaust I should go for for my Fireblade 08 once they are out.

Thx in advance for your advices, guys!!!

Say no to undertail exhausts RR 08 :)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hmm. I guess I'd have to see who comes out with aftermarket exhaust and see a picture, maybe a sound clip before I decide. Some short side mount exhausts are darn right hideous looking.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had Akrapovics on my previous bike, and to be honest I am looking forward to a quieter bike again. I think my neighbours may appreciate it too !

As the dealer says, there is so much technology built in the standard can, that changing it may not be worth apart from sound anyway.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
splatty,
Are you riding your 08 Blade already? Whats the sound of this new exhaust???????? any good?
It is quite a nice sound mate, growls a bit as you throttle off. Pleasantly quiet at tickover, allows you to hear the diesel Honda LOL

I know a few guys who have had GP style short cans, and they have been stupidly ******* loud. I don't want that these days.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Must say I like the looks of the stock can and the fact that it is integrated.

The sound is not too bad either, especially when the top hole’s valve open at around 4000 to 45000 rpm

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, this is my first posting on any forum, not just this one. I am from Scotland and am awaiting delivery of my new RR8. I have fitted yoshimura cans to my bikes for the past 8 years. To me they produce the perfect engine note. I am not too bothered about power increases. I don't think I would really notice the proportional amount of power you get from a full system.

Anyway on to my point; I read a honda release informing RR8 owners that exchanging the can for an aftermarket option will possibly reduce power and that the high technology employed in the exaust system is necessary for smooth running. Not maintaining this level of technology could damage the engine.

Considering the amount of capital and expertise Honda has at its disposal, it is unlikely that any aftermarket exhaust manufacturer has the time, or capacity to replicate the technology.

I am therefore, for the first time since I started riding high performance machines, considering maintaining the standard OE system. I would really like to install another yoshi can, however I sent an enquiry to yoshimura head office to enquire about when a new can would be released. The response was not what I expected as they said they had nothing in the pipeline. I am not convinced that this is the company line. The response was very short and therefore, I think the person who responded to me was not in a position to comment. I would have expected more background info explaining why no can would be produced if this was the case.

Anyway, there are very few manufacturers releasing details of a system for the RR8 blade and it is already 1/4 of the way into the year. Maybe it is proving difficult to porduce something !!!

Ta BT

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am from Scotland and am awaiting delivery of my new RR8.
Excellent choice in bike. :thumb:

Anyway, there are very few manufacturers releasing details of a system for the RR8 blade and it is already 1/4 of the way into the year. Maybe it is proving difficult to porduce something !!!

Ta BT
Akrapovic, Arrow, Leo Vince, Bos, G.P.R., Devil, Laser, Scorpion, Moriwaki - all have slip-ons for the '08 1000RR. I don't know if they are all available for sale, though. Rumor has it that Arata will be releasing a slip-on for the '08 1000RR soon.

·
Registered
300 Posts
The more I look at the new blade, the more I like it. I still havent seen one in person yet, but from the vids I have been seeing, the stock exaust is actually real high tech and sounds good.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
To be fair, I think the stock exhaust sounds pretty good.

I know I only speak from 50 miles of ownership experience, but I'm not gonna change mine for an aftermarket one this time.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cheers splatty, never saw that leo vince option. Have now received RR8; what a machine. No comparison with my RR5. You would bet against it even being produced by the same manufacturer. Excellent.

ta bt

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like the sound of the stock exhaust as long as you are above 4000RPM...

Don't like the looks of anything that is out now..Micron Sidewinder looks like crap.

I called Jardine yesterday, they don't even have a bike yet. He said they hope to have 2 choices before summer.

I will wait to see what Jardine puts out before I buy any thing.

Loved the dual outlet I had on my 2004.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm with you splatty. Like the looks and sound of the stock pipe so far, and a stock can does wonders for ripping around in stealth mode. Sort of like the looks of RaceTaylorMade slip-on though (if they reproduce the look of the 07/08 gixxer motogp can, that is). I'll wait to see whats out there, but theres other things I'd like to put my money toward first, like steel lines and an FE (already picked up the solo seat cover)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Big Gun is making one for the 08 CBR1K that looks pretty sick. It's got two small exhaust pipes that come up in stead of the giant two-pipe stock end can. It looks pretty sick. To me, it looks very mean and "raw" and just seems to scream "POWER!" I don't have any info on how it sounds or power or anything like that.

As far as why it's taking so long for companies to come out with aftermarket systems, I think part of it is because Honda released the 08 CBR1K for sale a lot later in the year than most of the other manufacturers do.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have always had and aftermarket exaust, I will not be getting one for my bike. Firstly there's alot going on there and honda recommend that you do not change the standard exaust. Secondly its sounds great, especially when the valves open......its just howls!!!!!!!! Thirdly my neighbours deserve a break form my noisy bike roaring outta the estate every morning!!!!!!

·
Banned
236 Posts
I will be more than happy to keep the look of the stock exhaust however I think it doesn't do it justice being in silver so I will get that part powder coated black.

The one thing that pisses me off about honda is that the US models all get black engine covers with the black bike getting black rearsets and hangers as well which looks really nice, instead we get that shitty bronzey coloured engine casings. If anyone in the states wants to swap casings then I will gladly swap with you :).

here is a mock up of what I want mine to look like (using the US version as a base) see attachment.

Russ

Attachments

1 - 20 of 598 Posts