Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

221 - 240 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has any one tried to disconnect the cable to the flapper?, I have if you remove the cable from the bottom of the servo, push the cable into the sleeve this opens the flapper, tape it down to the bottom of the box, do not diconect the electrical connection to the servo, this fools the computer as the servo thinks its still connected and still spins but the flapper stays open.
The bike runs better and sound great, except for how heavy it is there is no reason to change it. if you still want to change it competition werkes has a really nice one for 495.00 U.S.
As far as U.S. bikes compared to Euro. the Euro has about 7 more horse power than U.S. and a few colors we cant get but the black out motor and pegs and hangars are a nice trade off.
The horse power issue can be cured for 149.00 U.S. from Bazaz Performance, its called the Z-Bomb and lets the bikes timming advance like the Euro model,
I have installed this and it really works these 2 mods put it on another level,and cost a total of 149.00 and about 1 hr. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Has any one tried to disconnect the cable to the flapper?, I have if you remove the cable from the bottom of the servo, push the cable into the sleeve this opens the flapper, tape it down to the bottom of the box, do not diconect the electrical connection to the servo, this fools the computer as the servo thinks its still connected and still spins but the flapper stays open.
The bike runs better and sound great, except for how heavy it is there is no reason to change it. if you still want to change it competition werkes has a really nice one for 495.00 U.S.
As far as U.S. bikes compared to Euro. the Euro has about 7 more horse power than U.S. and a few colors we cant get but the black out motor and pegs and hangars are a nice trade off.
The horse power issue can be cured for 149.00 U.S. from Bazaz Performance, its called the Z-Bomb and lets the bikes timming advance like the Euro model,
I have installed this and it really works these 2 mods put it on another level,and cost a total of 149.00 and about 1 hr. Hope this helps!
:hmm: i take it you dont spend a lot of time on this forum :bonk:

·
Registered
50 Posts
My guess is you know that, not on line here since I purchased the 1000,had a 600 before,my second guess is that all this has been discussed before? my apologizes if my mistake has offened you or anyone else,maybe I should not join in on these threads.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My guess is you know that, not on line here since I purchased the 1000,had a 600 before,my second guess is that all this has been discussed before? my apologizes if my mistake has offened you or anyone else,maybe I should not join in on these threads.
Hey no problems mate :smilebig:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does anyone know what affect the silencer length has on performance on an 08, i am looking at a very short stubby can and wondered if this would sap power at all or if silencer length makes no difference:thumb:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Don't know about the Blade mate, but when I had my Ape I knew a lot of people who cut down OEM cans, or even Akras.

Looked and sounded great, but apparently lost quite a bit of bottom end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I HAVE HAD MY NEW BLADE FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW. REALY IMPRESSED. FITTED A YOSHI AND NOW IT REALLY SINGS A TUNE. AMAZING BIKE COMPARED TO MY K6 GSXR1000. SUPERB HANDLING AND POWER DELIVERY.
BEST BIKE I HAVE RIDDEN SO FAR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went from stock to slip-on Yoshi R77 to full Yoshi R77 and I'm telling you that you can't go wrong with this system. The slip-on sounded and looked great but didn't do much for power. The full system upped the ante, big! It sounds great, looks even better (without the funky "S" pipe of the slip-on) and has better clearance. Plus, the full kit comes with the aluminum panel to fill the gap between the pipe and the plastics. I can't wait to see how she takes to dyno tuning. Unfortunately, that'll have to wait til I get back home.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, the yoshi is a very nice system. I would be very happy if I can mount it on my blade. But this type isn´t legal here in germany and I will get trouble with the police here.
It´s very difficult here. A exhaust without a catalytic converter is not realy legal. At the moment there is only the Akra Slip On and the Remus.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ive been looking into the full KR tuned system for my 08. I was wondering if anyone has seen any tests on it. or seen it in action. Any opinions would be appretiated

·
Registered
8 Posts
My brother has just fitted the new Leo Vinci GP Pro slip on, we expected it to be just slightly louder than standard with it being road legal with removeable baffles, it sounds like a ferrari !!!

Even on tickover it has a deep tone and it gfrowls and spits when the throttle is opened. Roll on spring when he can test it out.

All he needs now is one of those covers to hide the pipework ???

Attachments

221 - 240 of 598 Posts