Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 40 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I will be more than happy to keep the look of the stock exhaust however I think it doesn't do it justice being in silver so I will get that part powder coated black.

The one thing that pisses me off about honda is that the US models all get black engine covers with the black bike getting black rearsets and hangers as well which looks really nice, instead we get that shitty bronzey coloured engine casings. If anyone in the states wants to swap casings then I will gladly swap with you :).

here is a mock up of what I want mine to look like (using the US version as a base) see attachment.

Russ

Wow!!! it completely disappeared! nice work deathace

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I will be more than happy to keep the look of the stock exhaust however I think it doesn't do it justice being in silver so I will get that part powder coated black.

The one thing that pisses me off about honda is that the US models all get black engine covers with the black bike getting black rearsets and hangers as well which looks really nice, instead we get that shitty bronzey coloured engine casings. If anyone in the states wants to swap casings then I will gladly swap with you :).

here is a mock up of what I want mine to look like (using the US version as a base) see attachment.

Russ
now you know how it feels when you guys had the black swing arm and the NA market had the crappy silver one. :p

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Popped in to my dealership this morning, and got talking to some HM Plant guys there for a Honda open day.

One of the guys told me that HM Plant racing had tried two aftermarket open exhausts for the Fireblade. He didn't say which brand they were, but he did tell me that both exhausts resulted in the bike making less power than with the stock exhaust fitted.

It really seems that the technology in the stock exhaust works, and in his words, only change the can if you want less power and more noise.

Enough said.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been riding mine around and like you guys the sound is really growing on me. I thought yeah I'll get tired of it and want something loud but after reading this thread I have changed my mind. My 08 is black and silver and after seeing that factory can powder coated, man that with a fender eliminator and a cowl and the bike will be hooked up!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Russ
That looks good! I think I may have to do this, or take the black grill paint to it. I took black grill paint to the after market exhaust on my car. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
will an 08 full system fit on an 07
i noticed there like 300 dollars cheaper
Why bother as the exhaust is tuned for the engine. So the '08 has a new engine, new frame and new bodywork. It will never bolt right on and then you would not get gains out of it.

If you don't have the money to do it right, don't do it at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the 2 brothers exhaust. It's louder than most, but i like the sound. Everybody that's heard it likes it also. It's supposed to give you 3-4 more hp and a better torque curve. The bike definitly pulls harder off the bottom than with the stock exhaust. You also lose about 13lbs, the stock can is huge and heavy.

·
Banned
236 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from the reviews I have read and the dealer information regarding aftermarket exhausts the general consensus is that if you remove the standard system you will lose anything up to 18bhp so if your getting an aftermarket that gives you 3-4 hp has that already compensated for the initial loss or are you just 15bhp down in the end result????

Russ

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts

·
Banned
236 Posts
Indeed it doesn't but you get what you pay for with akky. In regards to that stock dyno about 4000 it would be nice to see what the difference is with the flapper mod. I think when the service is done on mine I might just see what the difference is between the 2.

Russ

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is always a way to make more power than a stock bike, were not talking about building the space shuttle here. The stock exhaust has to meet noise and pollution requirements, it's also huge and heavy. I will have mine put on the dyno vs. a stock bike and post the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi People, Just about to collect my Repsol RR8 on Thursday...Cant wait!

Never liked standard cans on a bike, noise is part of the excitement!

Just ordered an Akropovic can for my new bike, found a site that has images of the RR8 with various cans on the site is:

Honda-Fireblades.co.uk - Fireblade Goodies.

Just need to get a tail tidy and get rid of that monstrosity thats standard.

Will put pics on when I get it.

P.S if your interested I'm getting the Akropovic from

More Power Racing UK

·
Registered
34 Posts
There was talk in another thread about disconnecting the cable that operates the flapper valve in the muffler. Since its spring loaded open, and all the cable does is keep it closed below 4k, if you take the cable off it just stays open. I believe someone actually posted that he felt more power below 4k.

21 - 40 of 598 Posts