Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
They are made in Italy and are very good quality if you are to believe what my mate has to say about them ( he has used their exhausts on previous bikes )
They appear to be the cannister and a joining pipe from what i can see on their site.
There is also another pipe available from them on the sites main page.
They have a dyno graph on their site and a short video of the RR8 on the dyno with one fitted

Link below
www.gegbike.com

Cheers, ratty

Why would anyone want to make there bike quiter......?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
still waiting for mine too supose to be in on friday:rant: :rant: yeah rite.........
Turbo, if you had mentioned you want one, my dealer has them on the shelf.

Only in Tamworth, 30-40 minute ride away from you.

If you do want me to try and grab one, let me know. I'll gladly check and pick one up for you mate iof they still have them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just Fitted new Yoshi can and it sounds awesome.... looks the part too. Think I will need to fit a power commander as well as its doing a lot of gurgling....and popping a bit on the down shift, waking the dead!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Fireblade RR8

How is the Yoshi mate , I am having mine fitted tomorrow full carbon race system not just slip on , is that what you got with the nice heat shield ?
Cant wait to hear this beast with the can fitted when you say it wakes the dead :) , do you think it needs the power comm 3 fitted as well as I aint ordered one either ?

Thanks Karl

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I do mate, I bought the slip on as getting the repsol paint job and tail tidy etc ate me budget. Sounds nice at revs, but I do think it would benefit from a power commander.....more so if your getting a full system. Came with a baffle you can fit......Still in the box.

Got my can from the USA as couldn't find anything here.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sorry to bump the thread boys..........

Rich, you ever used the apriliaforum ? I used it a lot when I had my Tuono, and still go there to keep in touch with some good guys.

Getting a large amount of flaming now about how crap/soulless/common my bike is. Nobody gives them a second look apparently !

Major sense of humour transpalnt over there.

Think I may get that account deleted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fireblade RR8

Nice one mate with the paint job , i just got rid of my 07 repsol blade for the winning red 08 and it feels awesome compared to 07.
My yoshi was from the states and it looks lovely came last week , how much was the repsol paint job by the way and who did it ?
You got any pics of the paint job mate , i am only in Congleton not far from you i think.:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry to bump the thread boys..........

Rich, you ever used the apriliaforum ? I used it a lot when I had my Tuono, and still go there to keep in touch with some good guys.

Getting a large amount of flaming now about how crap/soulless/common my bike is. Nobody gives them a second look apparently !

Major sense of humour transpalnt over there.

Think I may get that account deleted.
Yes mate i still have an sxv550 and used that forum a lot, i think if you go away from supermoto or Aprilia youre looked upon with disgust by the sad people of that forum that are not worth staying in touch with anyway. There are some good guys there that I still talk to and they all love the blade! The R1 forum is worse still i sold my 07 r1 and got the blade and i am now cursed by them (sad bunch of Muppet's). Cheers matey:thumb: As for the looks my blade gets far more looks and positive comments than my R1 or Aprilia did so thats bull.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Went to Matlock Bath the other day and had a crowd round mine at one point. They were probably trying to work out how the rear pegs come off :)

I'll stay in touch via PM with the people I want to on that forum. Shame as it seemed a nice place, but like you say, once you sell the Ape they talk to you like $hit.

Funnily enough I know one of the members in Oz and he is just trying to get a white blade. They are not in Oz by standard but his dealer may get some, and then he will probably buy. I'll drop him a line and suggest he doesn't mention it..........ever ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
dont bother, the build quality is crap and they sound strange after a while. i had one on my k8 gixxer, ok for looks and thats about it.........

·
Registered
463 Posts
Saw and heard the Taylormade over the weekend while at the MotoGP races. My buddy has the system on his '08. Taylormade is not crap, everything I've seen from them is top quality and the system they designed for the '08 blade is no exception. The fit and finish on the carbon is better than stock. The sound is low and rumbles at idle. After seeing what all the other manufacture offer for the '08 blade, Taylormade has really hit this one out of the park. They also make a really nice fender eliminator which they had on display at the vendor area.

YouTube - Taylormade exhaust first start

YouTube - Taylormade exhaust sound test #2

taylormade%20001.jpg taylormade%20002.jpg taylormade%20006.jpg taylormade%20011.jpg taylormade%20013.jpg taylormade%20012.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is that Jet City Racers bike?(1000rr.net) He posted his dyno numbers on the other site. No real gain on top end unless used with an ignition module (US bikes) but did show a gain on bottom end.

81 - 100 of 598 Posts