Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have seen the odd firblade on forums that have lost 3rd gear.
They seem to of been from 08 to 2010,,,
this has made me do some research i like knowing full facts. The crank / primary drive was updated by around 2011 as the odd bike what got abused ended up with a faulty crank,
Now i strongly believe that them problems contributed to the 3rd gear loss,,, i have contacted nova racing (as they have there own page about this) and they say that from 08 to 16, they have a weak 3rd gear and apprantly on the track they will damage.
Now from 08 to 2010 i choose to expect that it can happen, but i just cant see how that problem can still happen for the next 5 years surely honda would of sorted the 3rd gear problem from 2011 upwards such as why would they fix the dreadful crank issues and not 3rd gear its got to. Be related.

In my opinion i think nova list up to 2016 because they do accturaly share the same gears up to 16,
but i feel that they are just going off the fact the gear's haven't changed and are ignoring that something else changed to prevent it happening on 2011 upward.
Such as ive only ever seen 08 to 10 with 3rd gear loss,,.
I have accturaly found out that honda changed the gear shift drum and also the shift spindle in 2014 so even if it didn't get sorted up to 2013 i feel that they must of sorted it by 2014 up to 16 bikes at least. Why else would they update them important parts if there wasn't a problem? If someone can please tell me some 100% facts about this ile be great full i do genuinely feel that I'm right about this but i can't back myself up with facts... I just cant believe they would let it happen from 08 to 16.... 08 to 10 i can kinda except that as problems can take a while to sus out if its not every bike doing the same. How can you buy a bike what's been out for 9 years a 1000cc top of the range supersport what can't handle track work bullshit in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, good post and thanks for the time you took to research, this will be of use to that category of Blade rider. (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts