Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have got a fireblade engine from a 1998. I am unable to get a spark at the plugs. I have tested the coil and leads, and they all seems to be the correct readings as per the haynes manual.

I was also using a different ignition barrel then what the loom should have, and believe I have resolved the pink wire requiring to send a 9v signal to the module. I have wired in a zener diode as seen on previous threads.

I believe I have got an issue with the pulse generator, the ohms reading is correct, but when cranking the engine I am only reading 0.1v, where as manual says this should be 0.7v.

I was wondering has anyone else changed the pulse generator that was at fault. The part number to it is "30300-MW0-003", or so I am been told, and I am struggling to find anywhere which stocks this item in the UK, as would prefer to buy a brand new part then second hand.

Would anyone know a good stockist where I could try?

Or is there any other tests I could do to hopefully resolve my no sparks issues!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The no spark issue could be down to something else , the reading you're getting with the mult meter could be right , but you need the Peak Voltage adaptor to read it properly,have all the safety switches been bypassed to make things easier

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have shorted/joined the side stand a clutch wires together.
I am using a multimeter which gives me a max voltage reading. Unsure if the fluke is the correct unit to use for this reading to be honest. Or quick enough to keep up with what is been outputted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi the side stand is not a part of the start circuit , only the run circuit so as long as your in neutral there's no need to bypass it , is the neutral light showing?

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,352 Posts
I have never heard of a pulse generator going bad. BUT, that's not to say it can't happened. It's possible the low voltage going into the ECU isn't correct. Do you have pictures of the set up you have? The new layout here makes it incredibly easy to drag and drop pictures into a post. I have a 99 track bike where I added the Zener as i have a toggle switch instead of the key switch. What is your exact voltage on the pink wire going into the ECU? Is the Zener pointed in the right direction, and what kind of Zener do you have (specs).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes neutral lights comes up on dash. Sometimes it is not showing. Try and turn over then appears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts