Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've had my Fireblade in the garage for a couple of months and went to start it up yesterday but it wouldn't start, instead just constantly backfiring. Could it be one/both the coils spark not being strong enough or something else entirely? Any suggestions, welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Couple of months shouldn't have ruined the fuel. Did it run fine when you parked it? If so, stick a fresh set of plugs in it. When you get it running, might also want to run some Seafoam through it to clean everything up.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Really? I've never heard a bad thing said about it. My neighbor's Goldwing trike had some clogged pilot jets (it was idling on 5 cylinders). I've removed Goldwing carbs before and it's no fun so we ran a tank of Seafoam through it, it cleared it right up. Bike idles perfectly. Since then I've used it several times always with good results. Buddy of mine runs VP U2 fuel in his 1KRR. That fuel will gum up sitting and it gummed his motor up so bad it actually stuck a couple of his valves in the guides. Seafoam cleared it up. I swear by it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.