Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of "extended" frame sliders from supply(n)demand on ebay.I liked the fact that they were one inch longer than my shogun sliders.When i received them,i noticed that they do not have a metal insert in the bolt hole.My shogun sliders do.Will this weaken the sliders ability to protect?Do your sliders have a metal insert in the bolt hole?Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I have some intuitive frame sliders and they do not have metal at all, once the bolt to the right torque, they even move around :idunno:

·
Registered
723 Posts
My current frame sliders don't have a metal insert... and they held up in my crash...

However; the metal insert should make them more resilient to snapping off... and I plan on replacing my rashed sliders w/ the Vortex set (metal base w/ plastic puck) eventually.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
l'timbré said:
I have some intuitive frame sliders and they do not have metal at all, once the bolt to the right torque, they even move around :idunno:

:huh: I don't mean to be the grammar police here or anything but that sentence needs some fixing up. are you trying to say once you torque the bolts to the correct tightness they still move around? I torqued my Intuitives to my own specs "tight" and they don't move at all.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I have Intuitive sliders and they are torqued to spec. One side will move if you crank on it by hand. :idunno: I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
my sliders are metal (polished)to match my new bar ends :idunno:
lost a bar end today on my way to storage :rant:

you should be ok....no worries :thumb:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
When I had my 929, I had a mate make some sliders for me from some type of Delrin, when I had them on the bike after a while, I would get a knock noise over a sharp bump, even when they were tight. I fitted some metal sleeves into the slider and the noise disappeared.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Bacchus said:
I have Intuitive sliders and they are torqued to spec. One side will move if you crank on it by hand. :idunno: I'm not worried about it.
maybe its something with the 954 that they move.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The metal insert allows for the proper torque to be applied to the bolt. Early versions of frame sliders did not have them and the slider would crush as the torque load was applied. As far as them turning, mine turn and my brothers and cousins turn to. I don't think it's something to worry about. Hope that helps. :thumb:

·
Registered
233 Posts
l'timbré said:
you will want to make sure the bolt length is the same... you might be bottoming the bolt out in the blind hole.... i have seen too long of a bolt used and when the guy tightened it he could still move the slider so he tried to go a little bit tighter method and craked the block because the bolt was to long and the aluminum gives before the stainless bolt did.... my 2 cents :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I had Shogun frame sliders on my 954 and they held up GREAT!!!
Too bad the bike didn't. :crap:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts