Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an '01 Fireblade in May of this year. Haven't had any problems up until now. I went to put it in Neutral to crank it, there was a clunk and the brake lever just went flimsy on me. I followed the cable all the way to the case. It's fine up until that point. So i'm quite sure it's the clutch assembly inside. I know the recall came out in '01, and i'm quite sure my bike didn't get it. So does anybody know if I can still get that fixed at a dealer, or am I on my own for now? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can have your local dealer run the VIN number to see if the recall applies to your bike or not. If the recall applies to your bike they can let you know if the repairs have been made or not.

I'm not real sure on this but I think the recall doesn't apply to bikes made late in 2000, like Oct. or Nov.
If this is wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info. I actually found out, it was made in Japan. So I'm not sure if the recall I saw applies to these models or not. I'll have to take it to a store for help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts