Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I can smell fuel in the exhaust gases on tick over, I’ve checked the float heights and float valves all good, so hopefully it’s just the mixture screws need adjustment, the thing is Im damned if I can remember if turning the screws in or out leans the mixture, I’ve looked at various manuals and can’t see anything on whether they are air or fuel screws, does anyone know which they are, Im wanting to lean the mixture so should I screw them in or wind them out say half a turn?, thanks Mark.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah right, so just to be clear (cos I’ve read a lot of conflicting stuff on this and my brain is fried!), If I want to make the mixture lean, do I screw it in or screw it out?.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Mark, yes I could be wrong on this bike , but if you set it at 2 1/2 turns out from bottom and take it from there to get the idle circuit right, you can then move the screw in and out to what you want , spark plugs colour will show you

·
Registered
207 Posts
my thinking for this bike is for high altitude the screw has to be turned in 1/2 a turn to enrich the fuel supply because of the thin air , the setting are already on the lean side from manufacturers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just watched this video from lamb chop, he explains the effect of turning the screw anti clockwise (out), turning the screw out richens the mixture, turning the screw clockwise (in) weakens the mixture, see video at 1 minute 50 seconds, cheers all and thanks Ropp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts