Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trawling web for insurance quotes for my 2010 fireblade that i get 3 week tomorrow :rotfl:

Web pages asking what , if any , imob and security markings ( smart water etc ) has the bike as standard :huh:

Has any one any ideas on a UK spec bike

Cheers , Mole

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Honda has the HISS system (its a factory fitted imobilizer system) installed as standard - Smart water/Datatag etc are aftermarket devices which you yourself could get added (although doesn't really stop thieves stealing your bike)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm sure it will have Honda HISS (immobiliser system).

Tell the insurance company you have covered all Honda & Fireblade markings with green Kawasaki stickers. This will reduce the risk of being stolen, the value of the bike and hence lower the insurance premium.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Honda RR are factory fitted with Honda HISS immobiliser.
Some website refer to it as HISS 2

There are no other factory fitted security as standard

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
In conjuction to the HISS system, I have Datatool alarms fitted to both the Hornet and the Fireblade (S3 & S4 respectively)... After fitting them my insurance premium came down quite a bit (I basically got my money back after two years of being insured with the alarms) - I also have a ground anchor.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all ,
Insurance has gone up £95 ( plus £25 ) to cover the extra 4 month till it runs out .
Got quotes of £334 for 12 month cover when this cover finishes in July ,
so dont think thats bad

·
Registered
81 Posts
:plus1: on the datatool, I had mine fitted before delivery and it made a big difference to my insurance quote.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the 09 blade and have just swopped my insurance over for the final month of the policy, best quote ive got to renew it in march so far is £320 through bikesure thats a |£400 excess but no voluntary and 3yrs no claims, only security i have is the hiss system and a big dog :evilaugh:, pretty sure if i haggle enough and do my homework i should be able to get it sorted for less than £300.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Smart water/Datatag etc are aftermarket devices which you yourself could get added (although doesn't really stop thieves stealing your bike)
But from the insurance companies point of view anything that identifies parts could mean they get returned even if the bike is parted out.
This can lower there insurance costs.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
But from the insurance companies point of view anything that identifies parts could mean they get returned even if the bike is parted out.
This can lower there insurance costs.
You're right it can lower insurance costs (the Blade and the Hornet came with Smartwater whilst the VFR has datatag'd panels) although I'm not sure how much it is to have it fitted and how much it'd save you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the 09 blade and have just swopped my insurance over for the final month of the policy, best quote ive got to renew it in march so far is £320 through bikesure thats a |£400 excess but no voluntary and 3yrs no claims, only security i have is the hiss system and a big dog :evilaugh:, pretty sure if i haggle enough and do my homework i should be able to get it sorted for less than £300.

got about 6 year NCB (40 year old, 3 points about 4 and half year ago) , gonna accept the cost to put me on till july , then i'll play em all off against each other when its due

·
Registered
9 Posts
got about 6 year NCB (40 year old, 3 points about 4 and half year ago) , gonna accept the cost to put me on till july , then i'll play em all off against each other when its due
nice one, i,l let you know who i end up going with and what i managed to get them down too (ive got about 3 weeks left on my old policy) like i said bikesure are currently the best at £320, but ive spoken to my current insurers (express) and they will quote me nearer the time.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts