Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Here's what I could probably do next year:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you've heard, 20 or so of us had an incredible time at Miller Motorsports Park this past holiday weekend.

The wheels are already in motion on putting something together on a grander scale for next year!

This potential event would be in addition to our annual Fireblades.org days at Grattan, which will probably be in the last week of June as in the past. Many of us would plan on attending both events, as they will be the best trackdays you've ever experienced, for so many reasons.

For many in the west, it may not be practical to attend both events, so this might present an attractive option. For people in the east, it would be unquestionably worth the trip to experience what Miller has to offer, and to meet and ride with your friends from the .org at this amazing venue.

Renting the whole facility for just our group is probably not a viable option, due to the cost (unless we had about 100 people per day!), so I have been talking to our friends with our favorite trackday provider, Apex, about providing days jointly with them, where our attendance would be the priority.

Depending on the response, we could potentially either set this up as a two or three day event, with the ultimate being that it could be three days over the Labor Day weekend in 2007. Cost would presumably be similar to what we just did, around $200 per person per day, including lunch, along with other discounting on hotels, etc. This is assuming we can get the full 4+ mile track; cost would be less if it was just the East or West track.

Please register your vote soon! This isn't binding on you, obviously. It would just give us some idea of what sort of attendance we might expect, so we can negotiate with the track and trackday provider.

Also let us know of any comments or suggestions about this. Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
While I can't promise I really would love to ride Miller and having friends there for the company and added safety would be a big plus. Given it is two long days each way I would definetely want 2+ days, though I could probably tour the mountains on the RR some on the end to fill a trip out...

Oh and y'all would have to turn the heat up some :eek:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I checked plus Grattan with the hopes of doing so, but not sure.
The Miller thing I'm pretty sure I'd be able to make.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I'd LOVE to ride there. In addition to the Grattan event, of course.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I'd love to ride there. However, since Grattan will likely be the same time which requires me to have off July 4th. My job's changed a bit, and I have to sign up to work 2 summer holidays. That means I'll need to be on Memorial Day and Labor Day. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Heck it's not practical for alot of us in the East to go to Grattan...

Hope the out west days work out well....

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Umm...yes. :smilebig:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I'm up for both.... But I don't want to see any excuses from the Michigan / Midwest / southern peeps on why they can't drive a measly 20 +/- hours to Miller.

I will tell all of you now: Miller is worth the drive.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Voted for 2 days and the all important Grattan. I can see this as an option, alot of us can pool together go up together, maybe rent an RV for the ride or a certian member here has a big Valdez truck that can haul a rather large trailer.:whistle:

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:freebird: Keep 'em coming, boys and girls! We'll get this party going on an annual basis!

And Phobe promises to keep bringing Jessica (that should be good for about 50 yes votes right there...) :smilebig:

G

·
:freebird: Keep 'em coming, boys and girls! We'll get this party going on an annual basis!

And Phobe promises to keep bringing Jessica (that should be good for about 50 yes votes right there...) :smilebig:
Especially if the "Puppies" are on display again :eyebrows:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I'm glad my wife didn't hang around all you preverts too much. And that she didn't wear a tighter shirt.
You guys are all preverts, every one of you. Except bwhip. And me. Sheesh.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts