Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a short tour of the Scottish Highlands with thedoctor and my chum Ben (BK on the Rogue site). For those of you that have been there you will know that the scenery is truly magnificent. Very wild and rugged. No wonder the Scots are such a hard bunch of bastards. Incredible welcome though from everyone we met, including some German bikers cruising around on the custom BMW jobbies.

Manged to take in Rannoch Moor and Glencoe. Worth a trip on it's own. Roads are fantastic. Good tarmac and miles and miles of empty twisties.
Crossing the Forth River just west of Edinburgh was pretty spectacular. The rail bridge is huge, a fantastic feat of Victorian engineering. A masterpiece. To give you some idea of the size of the thing, spot the train on the picture of a single span.

Left home 7.00pm Thursday, walked in my front door at 3.00pm today. Managed about 1400 miles. Knackered

PS most of these pics (and all the better ones) were taken by BK

more pictures

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Looks like beautiful country, but where the hell is the train?!

db, I know which song you're talking about, got it running through my head now but can't for the life of me think of the title...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Bacchus : db, I know which song you're talking about, got it running through my head now but can't for the life of me think of the title...
My head is playing Houses of the Holy, but I guess just about any Zeppelin song goes with those pics.

BTW, I'm talking about the 3rd pic in the first post, as opposed to the train pic (3rd in the linked directory). That is one industrial-lookin' bridge.

'Where's that confounded bridge?'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts