Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all, i have just got given a 1995 fireblade, albeit one that has sat still not started for two years.

I have got her home and decided its time to give her some TLC. New battery and old fuel drained, cleaned the plugs and BANG first time!!!! Must be a HONDA thing!

Any suggestions on doing her up by anyone appreciated. The idea is to have her as a track bike so looking forward to putting it back to racer style (currently flat bars and twin bates!) Any suggestions would be helpful

First question is does the bodywork off a 1996 fit a 1995 blade?

Thanks

Steve

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
G'day & :welcome:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumb:Thanks for the welcome peeps. Any tips on the conversion? I plan on doing this as a project, so pics and stuff. Any particular forum this is needed to go on to?

Thanks again! :clap:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi there all, i have just got given a 1995 fireblade, albeit one that has sat still not started for two years.

I have got her home and decided its time to give her some TLC. New battery and old fuel drained, cleaned the plugs and BANG first time!!!! Must be a HONDA thing!

Any suggestions on doing her up by anyone appreciated. The idea is to have her as a track bike so looking forward to putting it back to racer style (currently flat bars and twin bates!) Any suggestions would be helpful

First question is does the bodywork off a 1996 fit a 1995 blade?

Thanks

Steve
Thats great! I am supprized the carbs didnt need a cleaning, but like you said, it is a Honda thing.

I am almost positive that 96 fairings fit the 95. and several other years.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gday all,

Well so far some good and some bad news.

Good news, got the blade for free!!

Bad news, very difficult not to get carried away and spend money!!

I have sourced various bits of fairing from ebay (total price £104) for entire front fairing and mid and belly pan, albeit different coulours!

Couple of questions please peeps:

Fan is not coming on, when I have run the bike for a while, the temp guage goes all the way up to the red and the fan does not come on.

Fairing bracketry for the fairing, where would I find out what I need and where I would get them from. Seems that I need some sort of metal work between bike and plastic, or I have bought the whole wrong bits!
:evilaugh:
Suggested tyres for the blade please, I have always been a Bridgestone man on my previous GSXRs / Daytonas.....I realise that those words are swearwords here :rotfl:but one has to ask. 16" fitments do seem limited for modern rubber?

I have strippd the front calipers off and am going to put new hoses on as the current ones are rusted to buggery, or is it worth trying to clean up the banjos? Again, I am new to all this so any help would be appreciated.

Finally, if anyone has acess to a headlight I would be interested!! Eagerly watching ebay but no joy at present!:crying:

Thanks

Steve

I have attached some pics for you to all gander at, love the multicolour!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
Fan is not coming on, when I have run the bike for a while, the temp guage goes all the way up to the red and the fan does not come on.
sounds like the fan switch has gone...... just had to do the same to mine
Fairing bracketry for the fairing, where would I find out what I need and where I would get them from. Seems that I need some sort of metal work between bike and plastic, or I have bought the whole wrong bits!
:evilaugh:
there 3 brackets you need.... 2 small ones that connect to the side centres and the and the brace for the top section... think I still got all 3 in my shed (will have a look over the weekend.... if I don't forget:rolleyes:)
Finally, if anyone has acess to a headlight I would be interested!! Eagerly watching ebay but no joy at present!:crying:
:hmm: and pretty sure I still got one of them too...... cant remember if it was bust or not though:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Slideshow Bob, much appreciated. Let me know if you manage to track the parts down. At least I know where to get started now!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

I have tracked down some fairing brackets on ebay, just wondering if they are the right ones? Says 1998 / 99 blade...... I have a 1995....

Item number 360291984793

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Thanks Jazzy.

HEL or Goodridge? Any difference do you know besides cost!!
Each to their own really. When I get around to changing mine I'm going for HEL, I've asked the lads on here and most of them have suggested those.
Besides their own website...I think I saw some on Ebay for about 50quid? Have a look, cos normaly you'll be looking at around 130 !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Result, found a front set for £30 on ebay..!!!

M&P Direct item number 130417129066

Go on, treat yourself!!

Thanks for help mate

Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here goes then, an update and a progress report on the blade called Jack (dont ask - 6 year old daughter has named it):rotfl:

HEL brakelines received and ready to install, they are the biz and got from Ebay for £30 + postage......good deal me thinks! :eek:

Fairing fasteners / blue screen / headlight (I think I am gonna try to MOT this now to be able to ride it about here and there!!) All from Ebay for £80....cant wait for the post!!!

Fairing is where I need some help / advice please peeps, anybody know of a good spray place in Surrey or South East England? Also what sort of price am I looking to pay for a full body kit repsray (tank / fairing / seat cowl)....

Haynes manual also purchased so soon to be able to actually start physically working on the baby now!!! (fiinally got a weather proof garage!!) Will kep you updated!!

Cheers

Steve:)

·
Registered
20,980 Posts
Steve post up a new thread in the Fireblade or General Discussion Thread, you'll get a lot more coverage for information there mate, as this is only Introductions and not everyone looks in :)

Looking forward to the re-fit and spray and not forgetting the PICS:D:thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts