Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
:welcome: Looks clean. She is colorful! As long as you cut your teeth on that scooter in the background you'll be fine. Seriously though, take it easy and learn safely. Consider a riders course.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
:welcome: Looks clean. She is colorful! As long as you cut your teeth on that scooter in the background you'll be fine. Seriously though, take it easy and learn safely. Consider a riders course.
That's a very fast bike to learn on. I'm with FJ, take a riders course. Learn to panic stop with your front brake. Your back brake is almost useless unless someone is on the back.

Focus on traffic like it's a game of life and death, because it is. Every car or truck could care less if you're there and they aren't looking for you. No phone, music or any other distractions. Ride with your brights/high beams on in the daytime. Perfectly legal in Texas but check your state. Most states have laws for high beams at night not daytime driving. A motorcycle police officer told me this when I was young. Your horn is your friend. Give them a beep and then a wave for not hitting you. Don't piss off the 4 wheelers. That same retired and alive motorcycle officer told me in the 1980's as I walked into his shop in Austin, TX, "Son, where are your gloves and jacket?" (I always wore a helmet), I told him, "The gloves are under the seat and my jacket is at home, it's to hot". He told me and this always stuck with me and I hope it does you, "WHEN YOU NEED THEM, YOU NEVER HAVE TIME TO PUT THEM ON".

Just a few things that helped me stay alive in horrible Austin traffic. Safe riding and enjoy your beautiful blade.

DD:devil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts