Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes after I have come to a stop and selected neutral I have a hard time engaging first gear. Also, after stopping for gas this sometimes happens. I have an '07 CBR1000RR... anyone had this or anyhting similar happen to them?

·
Registered
100 Posts
This happens to all bikes sometimes, all you need to do is roll the bike forward or backwards a little and it will drop into first or you can put a little downward pressure on the gear pedal and slowly release the clutch and it will drop into first.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you actually select neutral after you have stopped?
Some reds are longer than others and when I am at one of the longer lights I may put it in neutral. However, when I turn the bike off, for whatever reason, I do put it in neutral. The first gear selection issue doesn't happen all the time but it has happened more on this bike than on any other I have owned. I have rolled it forward and backward then gotten first but I was curious to see if this happens with any regularity to anyone else.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It happened on my 99 900RR whenever I put it into neutral before I stopped. If I stopped first then I cant recall ever having the problem.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've always been in the habit of switching to first gear before stopping, then lift into neutral if the light is going to be a minute. I've never had an issue shifting back into first to take off.

It's an alignment thing and not what I would call a problem. If you can't get first from rolling, then you can shift into second and just clutch it a little more.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've always been in the habit of switching to first gear before stopping, then lift into neutral if the light is going to be a minute. I've never had an issue shifting back into first to take off.

It's an alignment thing and not what I would call a problem. If you can't get first from rolling, then you can shift into second and just clutch it a little more.
I do the same thing, best method IMHO, just give 'er a little roll

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same habit... I go into first as I come to a complete stop. This way I am certain what gear I am in when the light goes green.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Doesn't sound too abnormal for most chain driven bikes.

BTW I always leave my bike in first when parked, years ago I had one roll forward off the sidestand. :rant:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts