Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow bikers / firebladers just wanted to post some pictures of the bikes first maiden voyage after i rescued this bike from a cobweb infested dark lonely garage the bike had been sat for 7 very long years with out being started. when i was offered the chance by a close friend/work colleague to rescue and get her back to my place to start the work on her, i jumped at the chance. after all you should never look a gift horse in the mouth. as i was given this bike for nothing. all he said to me was please put her back to her former glory i hope i have honored that for him,
Thanks to the help off this forum and there wise words i have her running like a tigress again. when i first got the bike it would not start for love or money. new battery wouldnt hold a charge.got that sorted and she was only running on 2 cylinders sometime 2 cylinder, but after many hours cleaning the carbs out really really thorough this bike now runs lovey once more the phenix has risen from her long dark sleep. hope you like the new pictures am so gutted i didnt take any when i first brought her home it was a mess but now she looks like this

Attachments

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
looks good man n thats a beast of a bike i dont care who you are or what you ride! you get something from an older bike that you just dont quite get from a new bike. dont get me wrong i wouldnt turn down a nice new cbr1000 but i promise that 900 is every bit as fun to ride as any bike n like i said they have there own personality that makes new bikes seem bland in my opinion! love that scheme too! nice n retro.... i wish one a my friends/co-workers would gift me a bike like that!! gees you must be really kick-ass to talk to on a monday at the water cooler!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers kevin lets just say i have lived a bit and been round the block a few time he seen what i did with a old vfr800fi and wanted me to do the same to the blade,but out of respect for bada i wanted to put this back together original and im glad i did..you are right about the bikes of the 90s era there is a certain soul about them and i feel it to when i ride 90s bikes i love the bikes that were made/produced in the year 98 they have a certain edge about them and built when money was no object apart from being the best

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,334 Posts
cheers kevin lets just say i have lived a bit and been round the block a few time he seen what i did with a old vfr800fi and wanted me to do the same to the blade,but out of respect for bada i wanted to put this back together original and im glad i did..you are right about the bikes of the 90s era there is a certain soul about them and i feel it to when i ride 90s bikes i love the bikes that were made/produced in the year 98 they have a certain edge about them and built when money was no object apart from being the best
That Rothman's clad viffer is fecking saweeeet!!! Someday I'll have Mick's 93 NSR500 to ride on my own personal replica Philip Island track in my backyard with spare bikes for all my friends to ride on too!:rotfl: oh wait, I was just day dreaming I guess. ....:p Back to reality, and that is my bike is still in a million pieces not ready to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Rothman's clad viffer is fecking saweeeet!!! Someday I'll have Mick's 93 NSR500 to ride on my own personal replica Philip Island track in my backyard with spare bikes for all my friends to ride on too!:rotfl: oh wait, I was just day dreaming I guess. ....:p Back to reality, and that is my bike is still in a million pieces not ready to go.
thanks Ian it was a winter project its now finished and all my effort is going into the cbr900rrw to make it like new, am thinking chrome swing arm and ohlins rear shock next

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i thought i would post a update and video of the bike running, i have waiting for me at home, when i go on leave for 3weeks. gold 04 600rr calipers to fit to front and rear with stainless braided hoses so braking will be better then it is already just love the gold look, next will be the rear shock. i already have a nitron fitted to my rothmans honda and absolutely rate them awesome bit of kit. so that kind of made my mind up to get one for the blade, :):):freebird:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
That is a stunning Blade! Tiger?
We don't get those names here in the states.

Great job on getting her back to her glory and having some fun on the street!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh i am proud. the state of the fireblade was a sight not to behold when i first rescued it. i always wanted one, and now i do, i can see why all the hype about the fireblade was what it was.... once i get the suspension on this blade sorted ohlins rear and ohlin springs front. my number plate will be coming of every 3 week for some baiting

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The mods have started. after discovering the o,e,m brake lines were a little corroded around the clamps that attach to the rubber brake hose's i wanted to sort new brake lines, so after looking around and thinking what i was going to spend my hard earned cash on i went for the gold calipers front and rear from a 600rr 2005 model and goodridge stainless lines very happy i did, because now its one finger braking. and i think adds to the look of the bike a little also,
The picture is from a summer evening ride with my son Luke a few weeks ago.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
its awesome you take your kiddo out, you know he loves it! great looking bike n nice picture for sure!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"thanks guys" it makes it all the more special to be out with my boy, in a part of southwest U.K its a gorgeous part of the county, my village can been seen in the far right corner of the picture.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the braided lines! That's a really col picture too.
its awesome you take your kiddo out, you know he loves it! great looking bike n nice picture for sure!
REally nice job on the 98 blade... Ive officially made up my mind to install braided brake lines on my blade :freebird: .. thanks Patch
it is a very good upgrade to fit the steel lines you wont regret it and you will feel the difference from the standard rubber lines. i always found it best to bleed the right side first,have fun and post some pics afterwards :thumb:

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's a sterling job you've done there! Beautiful bike...beautiful countryside to ride it in...life is sweet isn't it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts