Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STM Evoluzione Slipper clutch, should arrive about same time as my Euro black/silver 1000RR (in 3 weeks). Couldn't let those kawi's have gadget's that I don't have :p

Next items to consider: WP suspension (same level of local support/maintenance as Ohlins, way less $$$) front/back, Pipe (propably Akra racing C/F for bling bling) + PCIII from Dan Kyle. I will do the break-in and track day or two bone stock, will start plugging in the aftermarket stuff in early May. I just can't wait...

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good for you! Personally I'd be happy drooling at a stock 1000RR bike for quite awhile before modding. I reviewed the Phillips Island race last night and that on board camera on Verm's bike was awesome! The sound and power blew me away. (off topic) Although that tail section was flapping around pretty good, not sure about that.

Let us know when it arrives!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I try to leave things alone...but it never lasts. I always am happy with stock...but then my head says "maybe just exhaust" or "maybe just a dark screen" by that time...its over...I am backing up the dumptruck full of cash to DK, devilbikes, and other compaines! :crap:

-that reminds me, i need to pick up some tires soon...and...Oh man, here we go again.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
showmethebombs said:
I try to leave things alone...but it never lasts. I always am happy with stock...but then my head says "maybe just exhaust" or "maybe just a dark screen" by that time...its over...I am backing up the dumptruck full of cash to DK, devilbikes, and other compaines! :crap:
I resisted the "urge" for two full seasons with my 954 (only mods were Harris license holder, Ohlins damper and DB screen), but since I was unable to sell my 954 for good price (to build a dedicated 600 track bike) I decided to give in to the "urge" for the 1000RR bike after making good trade-in deal. Being a serious track-o-holic nowadays (slow as hell, but still), riding bike that's more like a race bike makes sort of sense :D Or that's what I keep telling myself...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts