Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
:highclap: Finally! Sounds good but only 172hp at the crank. I was hoping for 180-185. Luckily I don't get hung up on that. HESS was developed with Kayaba? I thought Kayaba was a Kwaker thing.

Anyhow. The whole package sounds really good.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
"Posting a dry weight of 396 pounds and claiming 172 crank horsepower"

I'm already sick of the "Honda doesn't build sportbikes to be the lightest and most powerful" mantra about the new 1000RR, and that crap hasn't even started yet (but it's coming!). 396 pounds??? WTF??? That's almost 20 pounds heavier than the claimed dry weight of the 929, which we know was bullshit, so assuming 396 is bullshit, good grief it's gonna be heavy. I see Honda failing miserably in the consumer market with this bike.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
:pointup:

A quote from the article....

"It rips, is a pleasure to ride and feels smaller and more compact than any stock full-liter machine this tester has ridden to date."

Well so much for that bullshit :D

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
booth23 said:
:pointup:

A quote from the article....

"It rips, is a pleasure to ride and feels smaller and more compact than any stock full-liter machine this tester has ridden to date."

Well so much for that bullshit :D
Right, like Honda didn't have some $$$ in that statement.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
but 396 lbs???

It'll probably be like the 600RR where you lose 30 lbs with an aftermarket Ti exhaust, I hope its the same for the 1000RR...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
ccwilli3 said:
but 396 lbs???

It'll probably be like the 600RR where you lose 30 lbs with an aftermarket Ti exhaust, I hope its the same for the 1000RR...
But even with that 30 lb (more like 25, though) reduction, it still weighs more than a stock R6. Put a Ti can on the R6 and the difference is even bigger (obviously).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think this bike is going to be something special. Screw the numbers, I want to see how it rides.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Pete said:
Right, like Honda didn't have some $$$ in that statement.
:pointup: Pete you crack me up, always trying to instigate some shit :D ok, for you then, we'll wait until someone gets a hold of it that you don't think they are in Honda's pocket, IF THAT EXISTS. :bday:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pete said:
But even with that 30 lb (more like 25, though) reduction, it still weighs more than a stock R6. Put a Ti can on the R6 and the difference is even bigger (obviously).
Imagine that, a 51 owner/rider complaining about wieght. :poke:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
thebackdraft said:
Imagine that, a 51 owner/rider complaining about wieght. :poke:
The phucking RC51 pig POS is for sale, and I have never once touted any attributes of this bike over the 929/954/1000RR, so shut your cockhole.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
RRWANTR said:
:twofing: :rotfl: :rotfl: is that chump...or chimp??? :moon: Hey I have a nice silver 954 for sale with a nice Remus pipe that you can replace your fat RC with...
Take that POS pipe off of it, and I might consider it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts