Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys and girls had the first ride out today for 6 months the bike was running great after all the issues i had over the last few weeks,As all us lot know here in the uk the temperature is at an all time low and its barely been over 3 degrees centigrade for months now,Even though the blade was going great the engine temp barely went over 54 0c and dropped to 49 0c.Is this due to the cold ambient temp or does the thermostat need replacing also my engine oil has gone white i quess this is condensation,i could only manage a 15 mile ride my heated grips even struggled :crap:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Well guys and girls had the first ride out today for 6 months the bike was running great after all the issues i had over the last few weeks,As all us lot know here in the uk the temperature is at an all time low and its barely been over 3 degrees centigrade for months now,Even though the blade was going great the engine temp barely went over 54 0c and dropped to 49 0c.Is this due to the cold ambient temp or does the thermostat need replacing also my engine oil has gone white i quess this is condensation,i could only manage a 15 mile ride my heated grips even struggled :crap:

I would think those temps are about right in 3C ambient.
Considering wind chill, the external temperature of the radiator and engine is probably below zero when you're moving?

·
Registered
330 Posts
That seems really cold doesn't it? Engine running at 106 degrees Fahrenheit? Even though its cold out, the engine should still warm up because the thermostat shouldnt be open.....or am I wrong?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts