Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Some freezing rain overnight (snow futher north) made my drive real fun this morning (40 minutes late for work). Roads closed, fender benders, people driving off bridges. People just can't drive, happens every year!! :rant:

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
soon2b954 said:
Some freezing rain overnight (snow futher north) made my drive real fun this morning (40 minutes late for work). Roads closed, fender benders, people driving off bridges. People just can't drive, happens every year!! :rant:
anything over 0.5" and we close the town, wait for it to melt :cool:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
ND4SPD said:
That is all :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
Y'know, since I adopted the mindset that my hobby is just that, a 7 month a year hobby (as opposed to an all consuming swirling vortex of no return and financial ruin), I'm greeting the cold weather and snow to come with alot less angst.

I winterized my bike in early November and have no designs on waking it up before April 1st.

So bring on the white stuff for all I care. :cool:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Chain said:
Y'know, since I adopted the mindset that my hobby is just that, a 7 month a year hobby (as opposed to an all consuming swirling vortex of no return and financial ruin), I'm greeting the cold weather and snow to come with alot less angst.

I winterized my bike in early November and have no designs on waking it up before April 1st.

Here Here :cheers:

I did the same thing, just broke out the xbox to gte me through the long winter as well as putting some time into the fish tank which I kind of slack off on over the summer :thumb:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Chain said:

Same here. It sucks not being able to ride all year but there's other activities to get me through the winter months. FWIW, it snowed here too..only a dusting in the Detroit area, but up to half a foot in the northern 'burbs...

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Red Rider said:
Same here. It sucks not being able to ride all year but there's other activities to get me through the winter months. FWIW, it snowed here too..only a dusting in the Detroit area, but up to half a foot in the northern 'burbs...
If it starts to get you down buy a quad :nod:

Its a nice way to kill time in the winter :freebird:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chain said:

My bike's been sitting since the end of August, so it's not that. I just hate snow...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Had our first snow almost a month ago. Already been skiing four times. Absolutely love it.
Screw riding on the street.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
soon2b954 said:
It doesn't make any sense, that first 2 inches of snow and people are all over the place. But then again I've always said no one can drive anyway. snow just proves that more. stupid people who use brakes a lot on snow especially uphill are the dumbest.

ha we beat all of you and had it almost 2 weeks ago. donuts are the way to get through the winter.

Sheep you guys are a bunch of pansies. half an inch. thats barely a dusting. there's gotta be over a foot to keep us from driving and even then once its sort of cleaned up we're back out there.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
CBR929RE said:
Sheep you guys are a bunch of pansies. half an inch. thats barely a dusting. there's gotta be over a foot to keep us from driving and even then once its sort of cleaned up we're back out there.
I thought so to at first. But we have one plow truck for the whole county. Very little salt to use (mainly the main drag gets it) So we could spend a ton of $$$ for one day of the year or wait for it to melt :thumb: Besides that with only one day to learn guess what the life long residents drive like ;)

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
sheepofblue said:
I thought so to at first. But we have one plow truck for the whole county. Very little salt to use (mainly the main drag gets it) So we could spend a ton of $$$ for one day of the year or wait for it to melt :thumb: Besides that with only one day to learn guess what the life long residents drive like ;)
I was in Atlanta one time and it happen to snow..... wow was that an experience.

I thought the whole city was gonna shut down for the dusting they got and the ones who were out and about drove like complete aholes :smilebig:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
sheepofblue said:
wow you guys need to learn to drive. half an inches here doesn't get the plows to budge. and just kinda depends on how they feel if they sand or not. just driving on half an inch is gonna get rid of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts