Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just bought my first CBR today (very excited). It is an old skool 1993 900rr. Had my first ride today and can see why these bikes changed the sportsbike world, it would have been an awesome bike in it's day. 20 years on and it's still heaps of fun to ride!:thumb:

What does everyone think my first mod should be? It already has a slip on pipe so sounds pretty good.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just bought my first CBR today (very excited). It is an old skool 1993 900rr. Had my first ride today and can see why these bikes changed the sportsbike world, it would have been an awesome bike in it's day. 20 years on and it's still heaps of fun to ride!:thumb:

What does everyone think my first mod should be? It already has a slip on pipe so sounds pretty good.

One tooth smaller front sprocket is good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Glad to be apart of the motorcycling community once more. I had aprox. a 7 month stint without a bike and couldn't take it anymore.

one tooth smaller on the front sounds good, I think I've heard that from someone else so that will prob be high on the list. Thanks Blade Racer.

I take it that I may have some electrical issues Tac2cul? I'm am a qualified auto electrician so I've got a multimeter handy, cheers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I take it that I may have some electrical issues Tac2cul? I'm am a qualified auto electrician so I've got a multimeter handy, cheers.
I also have a 93 900RR and these are known for charging issues mainly the rectifier. Id suggest reading up on it here on the forums or elsewhere and get a spare one.

Gratz on your bike :)

Any pics?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the advice guys, I will do the reading and look out for a spare rectifier, I've got a mate with a wrecked bike that has some parts. Good luck with your 97 Blkwls, would like to see some pics of it and yes Tac2cul I will upload some pics of mine when I can. As for the front wheel, I heard that a wheel off a VFR 750 fits? Anyone Know is this true?

·
Registered
791 Posts
May I ask why you call yourself what you do, is it because of your perceived endowment or are you a complete fu$%in [email protected]#ole???---just asking, as if you all weren't wondering as well!!!!!!!:huh::think::idunno:
It's a monty python joke. If you don't get it now you probably never will.

If it's in good condition keep it that way and enjoy it is all I'd suggest!

As and when bits start showing their age (it's 20 years old now after all) you can refurb or replace, usually with better or more modern parts. For example:

• corroded brakes can go for more powerful calipers off a CBR929/954/600RR3/4 with matching master.
  • rotten exhaust can go for stainless downpipes and can (otherwise spout is twisted) from a 98-9 bike.
  • Melted regulators (ideally sort this pre emptively) can be changed for later replacement finned part. I put a 40mm chipset fan on my replacement finned regulator too.
  • 17" wheel mod is good for 96-7 but you'll have trouble on the 93 due to the speedo drive coming off the front wheel. I'd say it'll still work if you switch to 96-7 front sprocket cover and speedo but IDK how much hassle that is.
  • Mille shock does / is meant to fit straight in.

There's all sorts of things of this ilk, you'll find all the knowledge you need on here :)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
May I ask why you call yourself what you do, is it because of your perceived endowment or are you a complete fu$%in [email protected]#ole???---just asking, as if you all weren't wondering as well!!!!!!!:huh::think::idunno:

I wasn't wondering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the late reply, I dont get a lot of time durring the week to log on.

Yes thanks BladeRacer, the name is a reference to a Monty Python joke.

Thanks again for all the advice. I will take it on board and try and check in as much as I can.

Cheers guys, speak to you soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts