Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

how does it look?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dented tank from 900rr CBR. Also added sharp lines down sides for nicer looks. Let me know what yall think...

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tank looks better then most I have seen. I have never stunted but I might think it would be a little un comfortable with the sharp lines but it does look darn right good.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's so he has a proper place to put dipshit comments like yours. :evilaugh:

Serious response given on your other thread...
bahhahahaaa thats great :plus1:
THANK YOU

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Not a stunting forum but the tank looks smooth enough to spin your bum around on. Very nice design. :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
i like it. thats the sorta style id like to use when i get my bike n start to work on it. not planing to do any stunts just like the look alone. any pics of it on the bike?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i'll add a few pics of it on the bike

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup, a man's gotta have somewhere to sit and ponder and where better than lookin at your project !

I chose a. btw, i like it. How did you do that ?

Andy
started by staring at where i thought good lines would be at. then took a 2x4 block and put it on the gas lid opening and Whacked it pretty hard 3-4 times trying to keep it all nice and level. taking care so one side wouldn't be lower then the other.

STOP don't go to crazy more banging to come....

get out a ball-pen hammer and start making the dent more symmetrical making it deeper. keep your hitting soft and consistent till you get the hang of it..

REMEMBER LESS BODY FILLER THE BETTER

You want to get a small pick hammer with the kinda pointed round side and make it all as good as you can get it smooth wise with metal shaping with you hammers...
I used at-least 5 different hammers. They all have different purposes..

okay for the sides i scuffed with some 36 grit to have someting to grab a hold of with the Stranded Body filler. they have a lot of product out there do a little research and see what meets your needs to shape your lines. Built up all my areas where i wanted Sharp looking edges.

80 grit rough shaping STOP BEFORE YOU GET REAL CLOSE TO YOUR LINES YOU WANT. more filler will be removed.
180 grit get rid of all 80 grit scratches maintain lines don't go crazy still more sanding so careful.
220 grit get everything looking lovely and where you look at it a Grin cause its getting smooth. MAKE SURE ALL IS WELL. YOUR ABOUT TO PRIME IT.

Used a Mar-Hyde urethane 2-K primer 3 coats. wait till next day to wet-sand

wet sand 220 soft then work out to 320 then to 400.
Sprayed Nissan base white, then sprayed a pearl top coat.
Polished with turtle wax...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i like it. thats the sorta style id like to use when i get my bike n start to work on it. not planing to do any stunts just like the look alone. any pics of it on the bike?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Great description of the work! lol!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bet your helmet would sit on the tank with out sliding off now.

Really nice job. You have a great eye for symmetry.

tanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah the helment sits there pretty good when its not on my head.
Thanks for the response. I used work in high end Corvette shop and had have good attention to detail but this was done all in my shop not in best of conditions for paint and stuff. So hopefully it will help others see its not to hard just patience and knowing halfway what you want before you start. I never use tank to sit on for wheelies or anything just makes aggressive statement. If anybody needs anymore info I got tons of pictures and more info if it'll be helpful to anybody else. Just post and let me kno ill be more then happy to try and help best I can.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts