Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the first time I had to pay to have my tires mounted today. Took it to the local dealer and they charged me $148 for taking the old tires off and putting the new tires on (front and back)....on top of the cost of the new rubber. Is that normal?????????? I'm in southern Cali.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Sounds High to me, most shops here charge a flat rate of about $40 per wheel that they must pull off the bike, dismount and mount a tire on, then reinstall. Only about $15 a wheel when I take my wheels to them.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
At a dealership, that sounds about right, unfortunately. They charge about $80 here when I bring in the wheels off the bike. I get mine changed at the track now. Much cheaper.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think mine were $15per/I pull... $50 per/they pull. The cool thing at the shop here... they will price match any tire... Got a set of Michie PP's for $195.:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
$150.00 to mount and balance 2 tires........WOW thats $75.00 a tire.

I think the most I have ever payed was $20.00 a tire/wheel. Sounds high to me, but who the heck knows with Cali. prices.....:idunno:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I only pay about 15 a tire for mount and balance but I pull the wheels off and take them to a shop, not a dealer....that sounds really high to me

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
So for the first time I had to pay to have my tires mounted today. Took it to the local dealer and they charged me $148 for taking the old tires off and putting the new tires on (front and back)....on top of the cost of the new rubber. Is that normal?????????? I'm in southern Cali.

Yeah - for SoCal that's about right. Next time, take the wheels off yourself and bring them into your local dealer. They'll charge a lot less for not having to take the stuff off for you. :thumb:

·
Registered
737 Posts
$148.00? WTF?!!

Sounds like you got ripped off. That's a 30-45 minute job tops for a shop to do both wheels.

I take my wheels to the shop too. I pay about $15-20 per wheel to have the tyres changed and wheels balanced.

Guess you know better for next time. I hope they gave you an excellent price on the tyres?

·
Registered
685 Posts
($148 for taking the old tires off and putting the new tires on (front and back)....on top of the cost of the new rubber. Is that normal?????????? I'm in southern Cali. )

= HIGHWAY ROBBERY :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yah man, you got hosed. Find an independent shop where they won't F you with a sandpaper condom. Ugh ... that's just brutal.

Now go ride on those new rubbers!

·
Registered
336 Posts
You got hosed...I just had a set of Metzler M3's put on my 929 and it cost me $320.00 which included the Tires, taking them of the bike, dismount/mount, balance, new valve stems, old tire discard fee, and Tax........If I would have taken the wheels of my bike myself, I would have been looking at around $290.00

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
you took it in the rear and had to pay for the rubber? That's the worst deal i ever heard of. next time take your own three pack.

·
Registered
210 Posts
damn, ouch

those of us fortunate enough to live near a Cyclegear will know they charge 20 per tire if you buy it from them
30 per tire if you bring your own tire in

and they sell PPs for almost half off what the local dealer wants.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts