Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just joined up this morning.I have finally seen the light and moved over from a early model R1.

I have just bought A 09 blade from the auctions. It had a bit of cosmetic damage so I'm in the process of turning it into a track bike.

I have stripped all the fairings off, changed the plugs,oil,oil filter and replaced the brake pads.
I'm waiting on my race glass to get here.
Hopefully it should be good to go for next weekend at eastern creek.

The first issue I have had so far is with all the wiring from the head lights etc
Do I need some kind of bracket for it to sit in and what can I get rid of and what can't I touch?

Has anyone done this before with a 09 blade and what problems did you have?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome Mate. First of all, If its a little busted up why not duct tape it together and track it the way it is? Also there is the BAS up near the headlight that you would have to figure out a way to mount it on your track fairings perfectly horizontal, from what I hear. BAS is the "bank angle sensor". It shuts the bike off when its actually laying on it side from a crash. How busted up is the bike? All kidding aside, when you start going to the track, its not if your going to crash, its when your going to crash. May as well not spend too much money for new stuff that you would eventually smash up anyway. Im just keeping it real. I've crashed on the track twice when I was racing, way back when, and almost crashed more. And I've seen people crash because of "the other guy". Anyhow, hope I didnt scare you away. Be safe. Do a search on "track prepping 09 cbr 1000rr", there is lots of them. That will help you out a good bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks frank I have done a few track days on my old R1 and been lucky enough so far but 100% I'm sure I will come off some time. It's only really the left fairing and front fairing that had damage and the rest of the bike is still straight.

I'm pretty confidant with the rest of the bike but the front looks like an octopus now I have taken the lights and fairing off haha. Hopefully there are a few leads i don't need

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
:welcome:First are we talking about a race bike or a track day bike they are very different things. If you are thinking about getting a race license you will need to decide what class you are planning to run in and then look at the class requirements. You do not want to spend all that time and money just to be turned away at tech. and never turn a lap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts