Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title about sums it up. Heartland Park is doing open track days for the first time, and it's great! I can say I am a little more sore than when I normally ride.

Anyways, the whole day went very smoothly, except for the stunt exhibition, where a rolling burnout turned into a broken leg for one of the stunt crew. The only bike down all day was a new 636, but it was ridden through the grass and dropped >20mph. All in all a great day, sunburn and all. I guess it's REALLY time for new tires now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Glad you had fun.......I need to get out to the track as well.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Glad you had a ball,
I did one about 2.5 weeks ago and are still on high from it, now only if I could ride as good as I remember I could.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Congrats! I've done 3 so far this year and I'm definately hooked. Now I just need a lot more $ and access to a track!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The track was actually in decent shape. Being a novice, I can't remember corner numbers :p. But coming from the last turn into the long straightaway (drag strip) is VERY slippery, a couple of the 'experts' were sliding halfway down the track, until they all started using concrete strip down the middle. Other that that, it was looking fairly nice. Hopefully not much else is going on this week, so the lines will be clean for you this weekend. We had nearly 50 bikes, and came out even for the money spent. We hope to do it again soon.

David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts