Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new FCR's Friday. Went through them and set them up where I thought they needed to be. Took it to track Saturday and WOW!!! My first 945 made good power (130hp) but didn't have alot of torque. No so with the XX motor, it's got tons down low. Hydraulic clutch was giving me a fit. 1st pass was a dismal 7.31 @103mph. (1/8th mile track). 2nd and 3rd passes were both 6.64 @107mph. I put my best friend on it to see what he could do. His first pass on the bike was a 6.18 @111mph!! I was totally impressed. Mph is a little slow for that ET so I'm sure it has more in it with some tuning (didn't touch the carbs all day). My best ended up being a 6.33 with a 1.58 60ft. Best time on built 945 motor was a 6.32 @110mph. XX motor is lil over a tenth quicker even untuned. Soon as I get carbs dialed in and get hang of launching that hydraulic clutch, I have no doubts it'll run some 6.0s in the 115-117mph range. All this with bone stock motor. Here is video of 6.18 pass. He was running a stretched Busa and walked away from him.
cRRowbuild090.flv video by cbr900racer - Photobucket

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still getting used to it so it'll probably stay stock for a while. Yesterday I had a 1.48 60ft, that would've been my 6.09 pass but clutches started slipping. I started to replace them when I did the build but got lazy. By winter I plan to at least do the 1195 kit and maybe head/cams.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah, I ain't got no problem with Honda plates/fibers whatsoever. Only thing I'll run. I do have problem with the XX hydraulic clutch, though. It won't slip for nothing. But there is a mod I'm going to do that takes care of it. The conversion itself wasn't hard at all. If you're mechanically inclined and have some experience "making" things work...it's pretty simple. With the 900 you have to wait til around 8K rpm's before anything starts happening. With the XX it pulls from any rpm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Killed my engine at a shakespear county yesterday! Not stripped it yet but i dont think the clutch basket liked launching at 9000 rpm. So im now actively searching for a blackbird motor . Did you have to mod the frame to squeeze it in ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have to cut a chunk out of left front engne mount on frame. I have a pic to show where I cut. I notched left side of frame rail to rotate engine up more but it's not absolutely necessary. I was trying to get oil pan as level as possible. They were small notches. I also removed brace that coils are mounted to so I could have easier access to sparkplugs. It's so close to framehead I doubt it was adding anything structurally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.