232 Posts
All the pics are awesome, even at night you're the man...:thumb:
my favorite is the whoops one! I always like see people falling...:rotfl:
It is in NH?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on up, smk, I'd be happy to take pics of you sliding sown the hill. :eyebrows:

V, yup. This is a small ski area about 25 minutes from the house. I actually learned to ski there as a kid.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sounds like Pat's Peak.

I missed my ski vacation last year and it doesn't look like it's going to happen this year either. I'll take you up on that offer someday...

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
<stream of consciousness follows>

Oh man! This is really great! I knew after three runs to warm up I could get a great run going! Four more gates and I'll have my personal best run ever...

<time compression/expansion mode>

FOOOOOOOMMPHH... :eek:

WTF?
I can't even see Ray Charles! This must be like my Grandfather's story about watching nuclear tests in the desert without eye protection back in the '40s. Maybe even when uncle Bert saw nothing but a white light until aunt Mable did a Heimlich and popped that bratwurst out of his gullet. Oh wait...which way is up? My inner ear tells me my :moon: is beginning to orbit my head and I'm beginning to get sick...:fear:

CRASSSHHHHH...

Oh...that hurt. Damn, I hope that snap I heard wasn't my leg. <Roll, bump, slide, smash into the fence and stop>

Ohhhh...my head...

<wiggles toes, fingers, eyelids...> I'm starting to see again! Now it's a psychedelic mix of white and red spots swirling around the tree I almost hit and...and I think I see the finish banner. I better get up...

WHOOOOPPPS... <he said as his feet slipped forward when getting up and landing again on his ass>

WTF? Oh, yeah... that broken ski made me slip. Must've been the crack I heard.

<exactly 23 nanoseconds later from the original FOOOOOOOMMPHH>

<looks around and sees a guy with a camera who looks like this :whistle:>

I'll go ask him what happened. Maybe he got the UFO with the bright lights on film. "Hey Bud! HEY WAIT!

Why the hell did he start running away??!!!

This skiing thing is dangerous. Damn, I wish it was motorcycle riding season!:down:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
smkeatr said:
Pic number 2 resembles my skiing expertise. :rotfl:
:plus1: My first try at skis was at Cannon Mt. What a mistake that was. I pick things up pretty quickly and decided the only way to learn was to just hop on a lift and skip the bunny hill.<---------FAMOUS LAST WORDS. Needless to say my day didn't start off too well. After the first "attempt" at getting down the mountain I returned the rental skis and rented a snowboard. That went very well until later in the day when I got a little over confident and went down Kinsman Glade(I think that was the name of it). Ended up with a broken rib and a very nasty headache. So not only didi I satrt the day off bad, but I ended it the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts