Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank everyone who threw in their opinions on dampers, windscreens, and a slip-on. Here's how the mods went:

Just finished installing the Scotts damper. I haven't ridden the bike yet, but I am VERY impressed with the build quality and the adjustability. I was able to pick up the Scotts for the same price as the GPR I sent back and I'm glad I did. Slight bling factor, but the brakes are gold too and I like the look.

Ordered a Puig light smoke windscreen, but sent that back also. It was good quality, but way too light for me. I opted for the Fabbri dark, and again was pleasantly surprised. There are no lines on the Fabbri where the double-bubble starts. It's just one smooth surface. Excellent piece :thumb:

The Akrapovic bolt-on was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Much deeper sound. It's a little louder without screaming from miles away for the police to put down the coffee and get the radar gun ready. :D Probably not enough HP difference for me to notice, but the sound definitely enhances the feel of the bike on both accel and decel. The carbon fiber can with the red and yellow logo match up well with the Red/Black bike.

Still on the fence about the Heli Bars. I tend to get sore wrists on extended rides, but I'm not sure there will be a $230 difference. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I love my fabri screen, very good fit and finish and very good looks, mind you I don't do any track days so visability is not an issue. I wish that I had the money for a pipe right now but, prioritys are sell the house then mod the bike, not the other way around. Glad that you like the mods, very "rewarding" aren't they :D (don't listen to what every one says about loosing money on them)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts