Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some of the fish i snagged the other day. my neighbor and I caught 32 fish the whole day and has one helluva fish fry the next day

Attachments

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I count what, 8? 9? rods out there... so... that's only what, 4 fish per rod? :p

That's a pretty good haul. What kind of weight were you pulling in and why weren't we invited?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
nomad said:
I count what, 8? 9? rods out there... so... that's only what, 4 fish per rod? :p

That's a pretty good haul. What kind of weight were you pulling in and why weren't we invited?

only 3 rods were active. the majority of the fish were came from a pond in the afternoon. the big ones you see are from the lake

the big one is 15 lbs, the other 2 are 5.5 and 4. my buddy caught 6 lb striper and a 4 lb spot bass all on the lake.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ReaperAZ said:
Got some nice fish there bubba. Looks like you got that striper a bit excited huh.

you should have saw the sperm sac on him when i cut him open, it must have weighed 2 pounds by itself. :eek:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
bubba said:
only 3 rods were active. the majority of the fish were came from a pond in the afternoon. the big ones you see are from the lake

the big one is 15 lbs, the other 2 are 5.5 and 4. my buddy caught 6 lb striper and a 4 lb spot bass all on the lake.
I just just :plunge: about the rods. I'm actually pretty damn jealous that I was busy with work when you were pulling in the big ones.

4-5.5lbs is some nice eating bass. mmm. What were you using to catch 'em? I've tried a few things but always have the most success with the Mepps. :idunno:

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nomad said:
I just just :plunge: about the rods. I'm actually pretty damn jealous that I was busy with work when you were pulling in the big ones.

4-5.5lbs is some nice eating bass. mmm. What were you using to catch 'em? I've tried a few things but always have the most success with the Mepps. :idunno:

they were really good. i learned a new way to cook them, they came out tender as anything i have ever had.
we were using shiners and shad. the regular bass i was catching with a rubber worm and the perch were caught with a popper on a fly rod

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
bubba said:
i learned a new way to cook them, they came out tender as anything i have ever had.
ooh, share.

bubba said:
we were using shiners and shad. the regular bass i was catching with a rubber worm and the perch were caught with a popper on a fly rod
hmmm... that's interesting. I've never had much luck with rubber worms. Live bait, sure, but never rubber worms.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nomad said:
ooh, share.

hmmm... that's interesting. I've never had much luck with rubber worms. Live bait, sure, but never rubber worms.

filet but leave the skin on one side, roll in fish fry on meat side with seasoning and put on a warm grill with no fire left. after an hour or so take it off and it will peel right off the skin. nice and tasty

the rubber worms thing is something i have picked up over the past year - since i moved here. the fish LOVE them, but you have to be in tune with your line to know what is going on, cause you need to cross their eyes when you set the hook

1 - 20 of 31 Posts