Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just done some home servicing on my blade this evening. Part of this was to fit a replacement clutch cable as I suspected my old one had stretched a lot.

Fitting the replacement cable was easy but I've got a question around adjusting the free play/biting point -

When fitting a new clutch cable what is recommended when it comes to adjustment. Is it best to have the lever end as slack as possible and adjust all the way on the clutch end and then fine tune at the lever? Or a combination?

What I've done at the moment is take up quite a bit of slack at the clutch end but leave a little bit left and then adjusted the slack a little bit at the lever end - note I have one of those adjustable stubby levers.

Cheers

Alex

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,115 Posts
I would usually adjust the clutch end to give me equal adjustment at the lever, meaning if I need to adjust at the lever (more or less free play) I have enough to equally go either way.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just done some home servicing on my blade this evening. Part of this was to fit a replacement clutch cable as I suspected my old one had stretched a lot.

Fitting the replacement cable was easy but I've got a question around adjusting the free play/biting point -

When fitting a new clutch cable what is recommended when it comes to adjustment. Is it best to have the lever end as slack as possible and adjust all the way on the clutch end and then fine tune at the lever? Or a combination?

What I've done at the moment is take up quite a bit of slack at the clutch end but leave a little bit left and then adjusted the slack a little bit at the lever end - note I have one of those adjustable stubby levers.

Cheers

Alex
That's how I do it, turn the lever adjuster all the way in then back it out a turn or two, then take up all the slack at the bottom adjuster. The cable is likely to stretch a little as it beds in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts