Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pain in me rocks with the front brakes shuddering when i brake, looked everywhere to try get a good second hand discs, and its not that easy! i knew the discs were warped so decided to try fix them, couldent really make them any worse. so released the calipers from the wheel, stuck it up on the paddock stand and spun the wheel, thankfully only the left disc was warped/bent. so took it off and stuck it on a piece of mirror to have a look, ****in warped as ****, got the vernier out and marked up where it needed to be adjusted, marked it and stuck it lightly in the vise. and got the blowtorch on to it and got it very hot, started hammering it on the bench, then stuck it in the vice and putting as much pressure as i could on it to bend, took it out stuck it back on the bike to check, got the vernier out again, started spinning it slowly and taking more measurements and marking where needed, back to heat again, kept repeating till i got it right, still has a very slight warp, but cannot feel it thru the brakes , so a sucessful job, saving €80 on a second hand set of discs

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good job hwap. I kno what its like to b on a budget. Besides, even if ur left disk suddenly goes bad while riding u still got th right disk an th rear. Hopefully nothing happens tho. Ride safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts