Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
The car driver's gonna need a new set of tyres I reckon.....
And he's never gonna get the smell out of the driver's seat ;-)
:eek: :eek: :plus1: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Absolutely bonkers!!! Maybe he was a neighbour of the trucker, and the trucker didn't like him very much...Well its possible:idunno: *

*well in some parallel universe......somewhere....maybe:smilebig:

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
I had a Renault Clio once - it looks like that one went better sideways than mine did going forwards!
:D :clap: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: There are a lot of CLio's out here, IMHO they're not that good, they seem to have no power, no ...UMPF !! Compared to Polo's or even the Corsa:hmm:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ha ha i saw this yday too,there is no way that lorry driver didnt see the car !! the lorry has a huge windscreen,its like sittin in a goldfish bowl !! iv driven 1 of these before and that is impossible not to have seen the clio,frm further investigation, i see the police are looking into it more,think it may have been a stunt,and criminal charges maybe forth cummin !!

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Ha ha i saw this yday too,there is no way that lorry driver didnt see the car !! the lorry has a huge windscreen,its like sittin in a goldfish bowl !! iv driven 1 of these before and that is impossible not to have seen the clio,frm further investigation, i see the police are looking into it more,think it may have been a stunt,and criminal charges maybe forth cummin !!
I thought the same sort of thing, you get a good view from the cab of a lorry, not quite straight down but surely enough to see a car width ahead. Also I wiould have imagined there would have been a small amount of noise generated, not to mention a noticable difference in the performance of the truck? :idunno:

·
Premium Member
21,012 Posts
:eek::eek:
Anymore word on this, looks a bit fake to me:idunno:
:wstupid::smilebig:

·
Premium Member
11,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just found this

A HAULAGE company has reopened an investigation into a motorway accident after a video was posted on the internet showing a car trapped sideways on the front bumper of one of its wagons travelling at 60mph.
A passenger in a nearby car captured the footage on a mobile phone.
It shows a lorry operated by Sandbach-based Arclid Transport travelling along the A1(M) near Wetherby in West Yorkshire with a blue Renault Clio attached to its front.
West Yorkshire Police said officers had become aware of the 22-second video on Wednesday and would be working with the company to establish the exact circumstances of the incident which happened in January.
It remains unclear exactly how the car got lodged, or how long the motorist remained trapped, or why the lorry driver appeared not to notice the car.
The footage available on YouTube also includes a male voice shouting: "He hasn't seen it!"
A West Yorkshire police spokesman said: "On January 13 at around 8.30am we attended a road traffic collision on the southbound A1 near Wetherby to a report that a blue Renault Clio had been in collision with a HGV.
"At the time of our attendance there were no injuries and both vehicles were on the hard shoulder of the motorway. As a result, at the time, the incident was treated as a damage only-collision. However, in light of the new evidence that has come to light we are reinvestigating the collision and the matter has today been passed to our major collision enquiry team and enquiries are ongoing."
A spokesman for the Sandbach company, which employs 30 staff and has 25 wagons in its fleet, said an investigation had been launched. An Arclid Transport spokesman said: "An incident did happen along a stretch of the A1(M) and we opened an investigation and reported the matter to the police.
"That matter had been formally closed until we saw the video. As a responsible company we have reopened that investigation."
The spokesman said that the lorry driver had stopped and that the motorist was unhurt.
Barry Proctor, a board member of the Road Haulage Association and owner of Talke haulage firm Barry Proctor Services, pictured, said: "It must have been terrifying for the driver, although it's difficult to say what's happened.
"I also know that the drivers at Arclid Transport have a lot of experience.
"What I don't think people realise is just how many blind spots lorries have even with all the mirrors with which they're fitted.
"I had a school visit to demonstrate the blind spot at the front of the cab. A teacher sat in the driver's seat couldn't see a pupil until they were 20 feet away."
Paul Biggs, Staffordshire co-ordinator for the Association of British Drivers, said: "It could have ended in tragedy. It does show how mobile phones can be used to bring new evidence to light."
Source

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.