Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flapper mod? this is my 3rd bike and I have never heard of such a thing what is it? where does it go and what purpose does it serve? shou;d I get one?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Do a search for "flapper mod". You'll find more than enough information, rather than waiting for someone to explain it. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not all bikes are the same. Some are very different, LoL. Which is why thecall them 929's and 954's. Actually 03 954 was the last "true" fireblade made. The guy who originally designed them retired shortly after the release. Awwwwww..Anyways, yeah flapper mod, u'll be glad u did it. I get a little throttle happy with mine sometimes. Oh well its great!!!!...
=-)

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can I get one or find more info I did a search... not enough info, cant find it just people talking about how they like it... what does it do, how much does it cost? is it ideal for my 041000rr with exhaust?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Took my 06 CBR1000 out for its second ride today. It is very twitchy at about 3000RPM. Is this what the flapper mod is designed to correct? Is there any reason to wait for the bike to be broken in before completing the mod? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No need to wait. Flap is closed from 0 to 3k rpm so the bike can pass emissions. When you unhook the hose it leaves it open, you'll notice the growl immediately.

·
Banned
543 Posts
I thought the flapper was there to reduce noise and improve midrange power. I can't see how it would affect emissions. I am thinking about trying it just to see how it sounds.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
As far as I knew the emissions are not tested below 3,000rpm, are they? I though noise/emission was around 5-6k, hence the drop off of power around this mark. I think removing the flapper improved the engine response around this mark, and other dyno charts I searched on the net tend to agree - not seen any reports on the 1000cc though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts