Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a flat black 929? i'm thinking of doing that since i can't afford the new 1000rr.........can i see pics if anyone has one? thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine's flat black, but the bike is 6 hours away from me, and the plastic is off, and I dont have pictures.

Just do it!

I think it looks bad ass.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's one with a flat-black spraypaint finish. Anyone see the '04 VFR With in flat black? MINT! It looks like a stealth fighter with all the angles.. and the single graphic saying "interceptor".

Barna

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rrbarna said:
Here's one with a flat-black spraypaint finish. Anyone see the '04 VFR With in flat black? MINT! It looks like a stealth fighter with all the angles.. and the single graphic saying "interceptor".

Barna
YES, i did see that interceptor and that's how i got the idea to paint mine......i'm doing it, it's about -5 degrees right now but as soon as it's a little warmer i'm on it..........thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got the Erion Edition because it was at an insanely low price NEW! ($9699CAD). I'm not a true fan of the paint scheme to be honest and wouldn't mind painting it all-black at all. It would look especially cool with my all-black gear and black helmet/visor :) Kinda like ghostrider.

Barna

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
rrbarna said:
I got the Erion Edition because it was at an insanely low price NEW! ($9699CAD). I'm not a true fan of the paint scheme to be honest and wouldn't mind painting it all-black at all. It would look especially cool with my all-black gear and black helmet/visor :) Kinda like ghostrider.

Barna

It would also make you almost impossible to see to the 4' 8" cell phone huggin soccer mom in her oversized Excursion....and to most other people as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're a little patient you can get the black parts cheap from ebay/bikeyards and remove the stickers. If I remember right the only hard piece to get is the front fender, it only came black on the erion. I got a tank on ebay already stripped and primered for $75 and then had it painted/clearcoated locally for $65.

·
Registered
17 Posts
aphex888 said:
If you're a little patient you can get the black parts cheap from ebay/bikeyards and remove the stickers. If I remember right the only hard piece to get is the front fender, it only came black on the erion. I got a tank on ebay already stripped and primered for $75 and then had it painted/clearcoated locally for $65.

Thats an easy way to do it, but if he wants *Flat* black, then all you have to do it sand and spray your plastics.

Flat = No gloss.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts