Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been sick in three years. The wise government decides i have to have a flu shot for reddyness. So for the past three days i have been sick and lost a day of work.

It also pissed me off i had to snort the damb thing. just give me a shot already.

What a waste making me sick to keep me from getting sick:idunno:.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not a fan of flu shots (or nasal sprays) either. Basically you get a very mild (sometimes not so mild) case of flu in order to activate your immune system for possible real infection in future. Nasal spray flu vaccinations are relatively new, but studies show they are somewhat more efficient than regular "shots". Unlike shots, nasal sprays produce sIgA antibody response (plus all the others). sIgA protect all your mucosal surfaces (like the inside of your nasal cavity) which makes sense b/c influenza is an airborne virus. Hope this makes you feel better:) I just keep my body in such a sorry shape that most of the viruses give it a pass.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Stupid f'n government. The flu vaccinations are only for a few types of flu. And can cause what you are experiencing, especially the nasal stuff. If you get infected with a different type of flu then you won't have any protection from it. And the probability of you getting a different type of flu is pretty high. Seems to be the govt. is just padding the pockets of some drug companies. Now giving the vaccine to kids and old folks is where it does make a difference but giving it to healthy adults is just a waste.
I work with some folks who get the flu shot every year. And every year they get a cold of some sort. I don't get the vaccinations and I get sick about as often or maybe less.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts