Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of flush mount front turn signals by Hotbodiesracing that look nice. Anybody ever put a set on or have another brand they recommend?

·
Registered
11 Posts
how flush are you talking, like they mount flush or the actually lens is flush. I got a set from K&S, their called tear drops. (they mount flush) Their small and cheap, I really like'em. Other wise the flush lens type I've never delt w/

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
They look really good, nice quality. Just don't plan on anyone who is supposed to see them, seeing them. The reason turn signals stick out in the forst place is so people in front of you see them, when they are really flush, they are now just marker lights, like on the side of a car. The people next to you see them, no one else. Just a FYI

·
Registered
11 Posts
They look really good, nice quality. Just don't plan on anyone who is supposed to see them, seeing them. The reason turn signals stick out in the forst place is so people in front of you see them, when they are really flush, they are now just marker lights, like on the side of a car. The people next to you see them, no one else. Just a FYI
:plus1:thats a really good point! my experience w/ them so far is just to pass so I can go from trail to trail, as I do not have my motorcycle liscence yet! well as the guy who gets caught always said, "you can't take what I don't have!", officer: "sir do you have your liscence?" Guy getting busted: "Not anymore!"

·
Registered
248 Posts
...I do not have my motorcycle liscence yet! well as the guy who gets caught always said, "you can't take what I don't have!", officer: "sir do you have your liscence?" Guy getting busted: "Not anymore!"
That is a very strange way to view the situation! If they can't take your license, they take you. I'd rather let them have the little plastic card.

·
Registered
222 Posts
yep, the flushies look cool, but aren't very functional...plus they'll get you flagged depending on the mood johnny law's in that day.

I've just got some 'shorties'...work fine for me.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also see you have frame sliders that you had to cut the plastic to fit. I wouldn't mind doing that if I had the tools or if cracking wasn't going to be a problem. Did you do them yourself if not can you recommend a place? Dealer is another option but at $90 a hour for labor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yes, you can use the existing wiring. Those are Sato frame sliders. I had a friend who's handy w/ a drill, cut the hole.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mine are LP...like these
Lockhart Phillips Short Stalk II Maker Lights and other Lockhart Phillips Marker Lights and Motorcycle Parts and Apparel from RideGear.com

you can see them on my bike (they're taped over)
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o186/RumbleFish_photos/cg_trackday.jpg

They were very easy to install...just make sure to wire it up correctly.

they make a few different types, and I'm sure there are other brands out there

I'm new to these kind of bikes and track racing, why do you tape over your lights?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its a distraction to others on track should they be accidentally turned on, epecially brake lights. Also makes less mess should you bin it. Ive just fitted a integrated tail light and Motrax front flush mount indicators. Ive put a pic of comparison for you below. I wired a BikeIt LED relay into the loom and the flash rate is perfect. Hope this helps a little. Please note the bottom pic, bullet connectors were for testing, now wired with heat shrink.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its a distraction to others on track should they be accidentally turned on, epecially brake lights. Also makes less mess should you bin it. Ive just fitted a integrated tail light and Motrax front flush mount indicators. Ive put a pic of comparison for you below. I wired a BikeIt LED relay into the loom and the flash rate is perfect. Hope this helps a little. Please note the bottom pic, bullet connectors were for testing, now wired with heat shrink.

I have the flush mounts like yours just smoked. I don't know how you installed them I want to do mine myself but I'm thinking im gonna break something if I do.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just take your time mate, its really easy once you have the plan in your head. I had a good read of a guide I found via google which helped too. I can try to find it if you like?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just take your time mate, its really easy once you have the plan in your head. I had a good read of a guide I found via google which helped too. I can try to find it if you like?
If you don't mind that would help a lot. I've searched and come up empty handed. The money saved would definitely be nice

1 - 20 of 23 Posts