Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone. Ron here. New to this forum so I hope everyone welcomes me.

I have a '04 honda CBR 600 F4i and I just bought some flush turn signals for the bike. I took it apart the other day and it was a mess. There were three wires, 1 solid blue, 1 blue with a white line down the middle, and the other was the ground, i beleive. The thing is, the flush signals that I bought only have two wires and Im not sure which ones to connect to what. I hope this makes any sense. Has anyone put flush signals in their cbr and if so, can you give me some ideas or suggestions on what I am doing?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Ar they LP flushmounts? Not sure if the wiring is the same on the F4i as a 929, but this might be of some help.

LP FlushMount IV

·
Registered
106 Posts
To elaborate for you a smidge...

2 wire turn signals generally only operate as turn signals and as such have single filament bulbs. 3 wire turn signals have dual filament bulbs and also operate as running lights when the head lights are on. One wire will be ground, and the other 2 are power. One is signal power and the other is switched with the headlight system or the ignition. If your bike has 3 wires and your new signals have only 2, you will lose your running lights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monster twin

But I believe the 3 rd wire, that is on the back of the bulb is actually a ground wire because it does not connect at all. It comes from off the bike to the turn signal and connects to the outer covering of the signal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If the new flush mounts have only 2 wires total, they cannot supply both running lights and signal lights. Do you know if the originals did function as running lights? I would say that the device is grounded to it's own housing which in turn grounds itself to whatever you bolt it to. The other 2 wires coming off the unit would then both be power wires.

I would have to see it to be certain, but I've seen that exact thing before.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok dude the black one should be ground the other 2 are the switch which pulses the blinkers and the running light witch means win you turn your bike on with the stock blinkers the blinkers lights stay on so it should have content power win running. So test the wires with a voltmeter the one that has content power you don't need the outer one should only light up win you have the blinkers on with the bike running and you need that one and the ground. hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts