Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Flush turning signals

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cbr954johnny7 
#1 ·
Wanting people's opinion on this:

I have LED flush turning signals but I need to fill the factory turn signal ports.

I'm considering cutting the turn signal below the bulbs to match the depth of the fairing-to-signalmountbolt and then fuse/solder, the flush turning signals in.

Also, I see the +,- wiring and I'm assuming I can just use the factory signal adapter plugs by snipping and twisting the wires properly.

The point is that I don't want the turn signals on there, I do have replacement carbon fiber turn signals but I'm saving them for the rear fender elimination kit.

Lemme know!

#4 ·
It's easy fix to fill in the holes... buy some 1/8 inch thick ABS (I get mine off ebay) just like $5 shipped.

Make a cardboard template of the hole you need to fill and then trace that on to the ABS and cut it out.

Then cut the concave part of the fairing off from the back side with a cutting wheel.

You can then plastic weld the piece of ABS in and also fill weld so it's smooth.

Here's the how to I wrote on plastic welding: http://www.fireblades.org/forums/ar...7370-how-cbr-929-plastic-weld-paint-prep.html

Also, I just verified that you can plastic weld from the back side of a fairing and not damage the paint:) Just be careful to balance a good weld versus melting all the way through and messing up the paint on the other side. (I plastic welded a hairline crack on my brother's bike from the back:)

#5 ·
Instead of your suggestion (thanks because it's probably the most sound advice),

Please tell me about your thoughts on this:

From the factory turn signal stem, I'm going to cut off the section that has the mounting bolt. The section I cut off will be around the same depth of the turn signal hole so that I can just put the flush mount LEDs right onto the end of the cut bolt stem of the turning signal.

I'm wondering if the aesthetics would be ok, as in, would it look weird or pretty concealed inside of the fairing holes?

The flush LED's don't have mounting bolts (cause for some concern). If I can use the turn signal stem then I can actually mount the LEDs and snake the wire through the harness in a more factory fashion.

Also, would it be wise to cover the cut stem ends? I assume it'll be like this oval tube end.

Buncha silly questions, I'm thinking to just cut the stem (keeping bolt, wiring harness and holes) so that the fairing hole is filled and I can melt-mount the LEDs directly onto the stem tube end.

Opinion on this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.