Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have asked about this before and I am more fully informed in regards to things about my bike so I thought I would ask again. At 5K in any gear a pronounced rattle/metal flutter starts and the noise stops dead at 5.5K. I have no idea what it is. I just had valves adjusted, pulled the clutch basket out and checked it and all was fine. I have a Yosh bolt on, HTEV is removed and a power commander usb. I also have a BMC street filter installed. I just had the valves and basket checked and there was no difference in noise between before and after. My mechanic said it was my exhaust rattling, I unfortunately disagree. It sounds like there is a chain that starts sliding against metal and then it is pulled away abruptly at 5.5K. Any ideas? I thought maybe it was the cam chain but it was within spec, maybe the tensioner giving out? My bike has 17,500 miles on it. Thanks...

·
Registered
621 Posts
my 929 makes all kinds of rattels...Ive had a different motor it if once and it did the same thing. My thought would be the cam chain tensioner tho

1 - 2 of 2 Posts