Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
:rotfl: OMG that picture of your fearless leader with the binoculars.

Do you guys really have see-through lens caps in the States??

Jeezuz, you guys have everything!!

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Newfie TLR said:

He was protecting his eyes from the UV rays...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Newfie TLR said:

What cracks me up about people tossing that picture around is that they are the moronic ones. He is using the finders as intended.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
BDA116 said:
What cracks me up about people tossing that picture around is that they are the moronic ones. He is using the finders as intended.
Yup. There was a similar pic of Klinton that made the rounds as well...which I laughed at until someone explained I was the moron. :O

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
dB said:
Yup. There was a similar pic of Klinton that made the rounds as well...which I laughed at until someone explained I was the moron. :O
Don't con'fuse deez wif da fa'cks... :nono:

Don't sweat it booth...BDA's is a forgery, Bacci's is bogus...but mine is right on the mark....so you are still 1 for 3... :smilebig:

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
BDA116 said:
How is that? I've never heard about that one. I always thought someone just caught him at the split second that he made a common mistake.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
How is that? I've never heard about that one. I always thought someone just caught him at the split second that he made a common mistake.
The caps have pinholes in them (3, if I remember correctly). The optics are designed for use in the dark, and using them in daylight, especially in sunlight, would burn out the sensors in them.

...Bush does, however, have the US flag sewn on backwards in that pic :nono:

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
2OHOH2 said:
The caps have pinholes in them (3, if I remember correctly). The optics are designed for use in the dark, and using them in daylight, especially in sunlight, would burn out the sensors in them.

:nod: The pres messing up his flag etiquette is pretty damned embarassing.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
2OHOH2 said:
What? Which pic are you looking at? :huh:
In the pic of Bush in THIS thread, the flag is sewn on his upper right jacket sleeve - horizontally - with the field at top left, as I believe it should be. How is that incorrect? (Pardon me for not knowing better if this is wrong.)

However, that appears to be Clint Eastwood to Bush's right. ;)

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
WEAR OF THE AMERICAN FLAG PATCH.

- The US Code states "no part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

-The US Code does not address the positioning of the flag patch. It is appropriate to wear an American flag patch on the left or right sleeve. When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer’s right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

- Since the law does not specifically address the positioning of the patch, a decision is left to the discretion of the organization prescribing the wear. As many states and cities have ordinances pertaining to the use of the flag, you may wish to contact the Attorney General of your state or the City Attorney’s office regarding this matter.

WEAR OF THE FLAG PATCH BY ARMY PERSONNEL. HQDA policy is that during joint or multi-nation operations, soldiers are authorized to wear the full-color U.S. flag cloth replica (approximately 2"x3") on utility and organizational uniforms. Wear of the cloth replica is at the discretion of the organizational commander. Soldiers are not authorized to wear the full-color replica upon their return to home station.

The DA policy states that when the patch is authorized for wear, it should be sewn one half inch below the right shoulder seam. If a right shoulder sleeve insignia for former wartime service is worn, the flag patch will be placed one eighth inch below the right shoulder sleeve insignia. The cloth replica is worn so that the star field faces forward or to the flag’s own right. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer’s right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hey deez, thanks for the reminders of that most "literate" of human beings that just happens to be "leading" our country. :rolleyes: Whether or not he was using the binocs correctly is a moot point - he still is, always was, and always will be a total phucking moron. :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts