Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sit here waiting for the bike shop to open, I'm wondering whether I should replace the fork seals and install Race TEch springs on my 954 myself or have the shop do it when they replace my chain later this week.

I've done fork work before (on a Harley), including springs and valve emulators. All I want to do is reaplce my oil seals (one side is beginning to seep slightly), and replace my stock springs with .95 or 1.0 Race Tech (I'm about 250lbs).

Can you guys who have had this done estimate a typical labor cost for a job like this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
For the forks on these types of bikes, I'd leave it to the pro's. I would guess between $150 and $200 for that, including labor and oil. If you really want them worked over, send them off to one of the "experts" such as DK, Thermosman, or Traxxion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
southpark460 said:
For the forks on these types of bikes, I'd leave it to the pro's. I would guess between $150 and $200 for that, including labor and oil. If you really want them worked over, send them off to one of the "experts" such as DK, Thermosman, or Traxxion.
T man is $479 for reworking stock valving and re spring, that includes shipping back to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I got a quote f about $200 for springs and seals and oil...seems reasonable given what you've said.

I'd send them off to the experts if I had the money, but then if I had "the money" I'd have Ohlins front and rear...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Hammer said:
T man is $479 for reworking stock valving and re spring, that includes shipping back to you.
Yeah, I meant having the seals replaced, and oil changed... The "full service" job is quite a bit more... ;) How you like those forks? Got them back yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
southpark460 said:
Yeah, I meant having the seals replaced, and oil changed... The "full service" job is quite a bit more... ;) How you like those forks? Got them back yet?
No, I think it will be next week, springs have yet to arrive at the shop. A friend of mine has a front end stand that lifts from the lower triple clamp...ingenious for this sort of work. I hope to borrow it to get the stanchion tubes off.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top