Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Thats no Shinko buddy! What are you thinking??? (Or are you doing better with that slick?)

You forgot the pic of the shifter, but thanks for sending it to me. What kind of contraption is that bolt set up? Never seen one like that. Yours is mounted into the frame lower than mine.

While adjusting it last night for test and tune, I broke the foot shifter off from the hole for the shifter bracket to the tip. I had to drill another hole to get me by last night. Points was today, and it failed to go into 3rd, bumping me out in the second round.

NOS....WOW, a buddy wanted to dial 6.00 and go heads up, so I said ok....I adjusted the PC3 to full (up 3 bars on high, up 2 bars on mid, 1 up on low)....HOLY COW, I almost lost it. I tried to bump it at the top of first, and it came straight up to about 2 o'clock, went into 2nd, came straight up again, AND AGAIN before I got control of it.......I also left the left air snorkel cover off b/c I added time to the kill and they called us up, so between the PC3 adjustment and the air, that thing HIT like a 100 shot. Almost made me pooh in my pants! I've never felt anything hit that hard! Can't wait for tomorrow to try from 2nd gear on and see if it will put me in the 5's!!!! I think it will if it goes through all the gears, I really do! Will let ya know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I made that set up I use, still no problems wth the mount yet :thumb: 3rd year with it.

That will be sweet you get into the 5`s I consistantly run 6.0`s right now 5`s will be here real soon :thumb:

The slick is from last year, it sucked hooked up great but was too tall and changed my gearimg on me so i took it off and went with the shinko
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
Well, no 5's today! Darn shifter keeps binding! I had kill set to full, 100ms and it would still go into nuetral or not into 3rd, or both.

I did get lucky today and took 1st. Guess someone was praying for me! The shifter was giving me a fit, but I guess you could say I was sandbagging, but my times were from 6.40-7.xx. I didnt make 1 single pass where it went through every gear without binding! Thats why I say someone way praying for me.

Ordering a new cyclinder and gear peg to fix it this week. Maybe next weekend in the bike only event I can test it out and run some good numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
OUt of curiosity you make your own airshifter setups ? . And what is / was the binding issue ? . They are commonly very simple and trustworthy .
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
saf said:
OUt of curiosity you make your own airshifter setups ? . And what is / was the binding issue ? . They are commonly very simple and trustworthy .

I don't make the setups, but I can! I have a place down the road that sells everything I need to make one. Cost is way less also going that route.

My issue is that for some reason the shifter was binding, ( I think b/c I used tie downs on the foot peg and it pulled the peg forward, which cocked the shifter some..I THINK ), causing it to bind. When I tried to adjust the bolt, it bent the gear bracket, and when I went the other way to straighten it, it broke! So I drilled another hole in the gear shifter for the air shifter, and the angle is too much for it to make a smooth shift. I decided to go ahead and buy a new shift cylinder and gear peg. The cylinder is only $30 roughly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
SilverBullet said:
My issue is that for some reason the shifter was binding, ( I think b/c I used tie downs on the foot peg and it pulled the peg forward, which cocked the shifter some..I THINK ), causing it to bind.
AAAAAH, yes, only a slight mis-alignment and it will cause a lot of sticktion on the piston inside the ram. Your using rod ends to help it float yes ? . Bummer, but once its fixed they work a charm as you know .... good luck. If its any reference to future design .... the shifter i did on the SP-2 is here .. only difference being i run a mini-compressor , you run a bottle

http://www.isracing.com/code34/sp2engine2.html#sp2_airshifter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
saf said:
OUt of curiosity you make your own airshifter setups ? . And what is / was the binding issue ? . They are commonly very simple and trustworthy .
The mount I designed swivels, so there is hardly any binding ever :thumb:

Jason Silver Bullet would have to post a pic of it I`m at work and don`t hav eit here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SilverBullet said:
Saf, your link is taking me to a tattoo webpage. Maybe it's my connection getting scrambled or something at work. This is Sonics airshifter set up.
Now thats a nice set up :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
sonicsbomb said:
Now thats a nice set up :clap:
yes it is but I gotta give it to Saf for his setup (I believe it shifts up and down right?). Very nice looking, top quality craftsmanship there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Saf, your link is taking me to a tattoo webpage. Maybe it's my connection getting scrambled or something at work. This is Sonics airshifter set up.
Bugger ... really ? . Hmm i dont do custom tatts :)

Try this and click "ISR Airshifter"

http://www.isracing.com/code34/sp2engine

I see the setup your running, and id throw on one rod end joint as shown in pix here, into that 954 setup. It will actually work easier with less drag, but resist binding by ways of sticktion when the ram isnt spot on centre as it can pivot off the ball.

Looks good tho , simple and petit ! :thumb:

929 , yes thanks mate, it does shift up and down. One is constantly compressed, one extended.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
saf said:
Bugger ... really ? . Hmm i dont do custom tatts :)

Try this and click "ISR Airshifter"

http://www.isracing.com/code34/sp2engine

I see the setup your running, and id throw on one rod end joint as shown in pix here, into that 954 setup. It will actually work easier with less drag, but resist binding by ways of sticktion when the ram isnt spot on centre as it can pivot off the ball.

Looks good tho , simple and petit ! :thumb:

929 , yes thanks mate, it does shift up and down. One is constantly compressed, one extended.
What is the need for the airshifter to down shift :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,773 Posts
Saf I've liked it since I first saw it when you got it done.

SB he can't move his ankles so he can't shift with his feet. Try to keep up with stuff around here.

but seriously I admire him for not letting anything stop him from riding. and the skills he has for making those sweet setups he's got going on his bike and atvs (and the car stuff too. its a good site. I've looked over it before.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CBR929RE said:
Saf I've liked it since I first saw it when you got it done.

SB he can't move his ankles so he can't shift with his feet. Try to keep up with stuff around here.

but seriously I admire him for not letting anything stop him from riding. and the skills he has for making those sweet setups he's got going on his bike and atvs (and the car stuff too. its a good site. I've looked over it before.)
well thats cool then, my boss had polio(sp) and wants to ride maybe this could help him out. he still needs to ride a trike cause he wouldn`t be ablr to hold up a bike though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
sonicsbomb said:
well thats cool then, my boss had polio(sp) and wants to ride maybe this could help him out. he still needs to ride a trike cause he wouldn`t be ablr to hold up a bike though.
Have seen a few pneumatic outrigger systems for paraplegics...would take some serious nads to ride it though imho.... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
CBR929RE said:
Saf I've liked it since I first saw it when you got it done.
Thanks 929 for the kind words. If i ever need a good PR person, your the man :thumb:

Sonic, Yes as 929 said, i have no feeling of movement from my knees down, classified as a incomplete paraplegic (weak hamstrings , just enuf to get feet back on pegs, and really really strong quads to standup and hold bike up) from a racing incident in 92. While i walk, i sometimes still use a wheelchair.

Bake, Yes your right, a gent by the name of Bill Riviello who is maybe on the RC51 area of this forum, has a outrigger setup as he is a full paraplegic on his RC51 racebike.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top