Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new fork springs yesterday (pain in the ass). I'm wondering where others are setting their rebound damping as the new springs are a good deal stiffer. At least now I can get proper sag in the front. It used to sag more than 50mm. with me on the bike now at eight turns in from full soft with me on the bike it sags 30mm. I am also wondering if anyone else had trouble loosening the locknut from the damper rod. I couldn't do it and wound up separating the rebound damping adjuster from the damping rod.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
The job is a lot easier with Dan's tool. Otherwise it takes 2 people and lot's of swearing . . .

Did you cut the preload spacer to Dan's recommend length?

·
Registered
441 Posts
You have the sag set right but theres no way your going to get enough rebound dampening out of the stock valving for .95 springs. You'll just be out of range. I would bet you need to add a couple of shims to the stack for that spring. I have .90's and added one extra shim to get them in the proper range of adjustment. The compression valves needs to be made less now also because the forks won't dive as much with those springs. They are overly stiff form the factory to compensate for the weak springs. You really should just send them to DK and have it done right.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the tool but it was still kind of a pain. Definitely couldn't see doing it without the tool. As for the rebound damping I still have a good amount of adjustment just wondering where others who have just done springs are setting theirs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have .95 springs and I have plenty of rebound. Its compression that can't be softened up. I have to change my compression stack.
Mitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts